Ideye Brown
Has just scored for Goztepe Izmir in Turkey, lets get him back in now.    Rolleyes

I must have had a bad dream, i just woke up from my nap, deary deary  Big Grin
I remember when he opened his account for us. I was watching the game in some odd little 70s-build Sedgley pub where throstles and dingles tend to coexist rather harmoniously; a little like competing airlines in a small, hot grotty airport somewhere, they know that they should hate one another but they've been there and are bored of all that and actually quite get on. Anyway, I was probably drunk and daydreaming while my family/mates roared as he stuck one in, near corner I think; and I do quite clearly remember pondering to myself - despite all the cheering of how brilliant he was gonna be, how the genie was out of the lamp, how the dam was burst, how Ideye was the new Phillips/Supes/Benji/Bomber, how all our non-goalscoring goalscorer woes were now solved - I clearly recall thinking "bloody hell he looks shit, that looked a lot harder than it was meant to". It didn't go too well after that.
(09-26-2020, 02:46 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I remember when he opened his account for us. I was watching the game in some odd little 70s-build Sedgley pub where throstles and dingles tend to coexist rather harmoniously; a little like competing airlines in a small, hot grotty airport somewhere, they know that they should hate one another but they've been there and are bored of all that and actually quite get on. Anyway, I was probably drunk and daydreaming while my family/mates roared as he stuck one in, near corner I think; and I do quite clearly remember pondering to myself - despite all the cheering of how brilliant he was gonna be, how the genie was out of the lamp, how the dam was burst, how Ideye was the new Phillips/Supes/Benji/Bomber, how all our non-goalscoring goalscorer woes were now solved - I clearly recall thinking "bloody hell he looks shit, that looked a lot harder than it was meant to". It didn't go too well after that.

OK. Which pub?

The Swan? Cabin down the Northway?

The Crown? The Courthouse?
Just to point out. It's Brown Ideye, Ideye is the second name.

Evidence of why keeping scouting reports up to date is so important.
Still remember his little purple patch of 4-5 games where he scored a few goals and looked ok.

The looked an absolute world beater when we thrashed West Ham in the Cup.
Bobby Brown
(09-26-2020, 03:03 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 02:46 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: I remember when he opened his account for us. I was watching the game in some odd little 70s-build Sedgley pub where throstles and dingles tend to coexist rather harmoniously; a little like competing airlines in a small, hot grotty airport somewhere, they know that they should hate one another but they've been there and are bored of all that and actually quite get on. Anyway, I was probably drunk and daydreaming while my family/mates roared as he stuck one in, near corner I think; and I do quite clearly remember pondering to myself - despite all the cheering of how brilliant he was gonna be, how the genie was out of the lamp, how the dam was burst, how Ideye was the new Phillips/Supes/Benji/Bomber, how all our non-goalscoring goalscorer woes were now solved - I clearly recall thinking "bloody hell he looks shit, that looked a lot harder than it was meant to". It didn't go too well after that.

OK. Which pub?

The Cabbage down the North Way. Doesn't look much does it, in fact it can feel quite unwelcoming when busy. It's totally friendly though.

Either that or I look rock fuggin hard. It's probably not that, is it.
(09-26-2020, 05:04 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:

OK. Which pub?

The Cabbage down the North Way. Doesn't look much does it, in fact it can feel quite unwelcoming when busy. It's totally friendly though.

Following your initial post my money was on there.
(09-26-2020, 06:36 PM)Supamart Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 05:04 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote:

OK. Which pub?

Following your initial post my money was on there.

Yeah, same thinking as me.