Sign Krovinovic asap
(09-13-2020, 03:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: We can't afford to play games with Benfica over the fees, as soon as Leicester started controlling the midfield we couldn't disrupt them and wrestle back control, Krovi was the only player we had last season that could do that.

He can’t play for 2 weeks if he does sign. Go Jab him, Lai!
(09-13-2020, 03:11 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 03:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: That defeat might be a blessing in disguise. Need 2 or 3 reinforcements minimum.
Do remember though Leicester have a good squad which is why they are top 6.

And half of them were out injured/suspended.

The only first team player they were missing was Evans, it's just that all they other centre halves were out injured.
(09-13-2020, 03:19 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 03:08 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: That defeat might be a blessing in disguise. Need 2 or 3 reinforcements minimum.

The only first team player they were missing was Evans, it's just that all they other centre halves were out injured.
Rubbish Pereira absent too
(09-13-2020, 03:37 PM)Brandywell Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 03:19 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Rubbish Pereira absent too

And they had their new £23m right back to replace him that they're probably going to rotate with Pereira anyway on the pitch as they've got a European schedule to deal with, much like they have Maddison to rotate with Barnes and Perez.

The only outright first team player that was out was Evans, Benkovic, Fuchs and Morgan aren't first team players.
(09-13-2020, 03:13 PM)Atomic Wrote: Krov HAS TO BE SIGNED.

It was the same against Newcastle in the cup we were battered until he came on and started keeping the ball and dictating our play.

You need quality ball players in the Premier League.

Albion need to stop fkng about and get him in NOW.

Get Gallagher in as well and Grant.

I agree with all of this. I'd have Deeney too. Get them in and get them in quick.
(09-13-2020, 03:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

The Prem is 3 divisions in one. Leicester are now near cemented as a top 6 side. They have a good squad to carry 4 or 5 missing players. 
There’ll be some real over reaction on this board today. 
Truth is we got beaten by a good side and we haven’t really learnt anything much about ourselves other than we need new faces.
We got tonked 6 0 v Chelsea opening day after promotion some years ago and finished 11th. I’m not being a happy clapper as today was grim but really perspective is needed.
100% agree.

Think we had 4 maybe 5 PL debuts today, this is an inexperienced team who are now on a steeper learning curve than I wanted to believe.

Putting my logical head on - I’m sure there will be additions and I’m also sure these players will improve as the season moves on.
(09-13-2020, 03:17 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

The Prem is 3 divisions in one. Leicester are now near cemented as a top 6 side. They have a good squad to carry 4 or 5 missing players. 
There’ll be some real over reaction on this board today. 
Truth is we got beaten by a good side and we haven’t really learnt anything much about ourselves other than we need new faces.
We got tonked 6 0 v Chelsea opening day after promotion some years ago and finished 11th. I’m not being a happy clapper as today was grim but really perspective is needed.

I am glad I read this, pal. Thought I was going a bit tapped, and our relegation had been confirmed! 

We played really well for 30 mins, and got the wind knocked put of us and never recovered. 

The players were looking around for a leader and theres only Livermore there in that sense. The more I think about it, Ivanovic and Deeney, as 2 cheap signings would be superb in the sense. Then if we can get another 2 in the same mould as Grady and Matheus ability wise but upfront and CM we won't be too far off.
Remember going to the 6 nil drubbing at Chelsea.
Haven't been to Chelsea since. Lol

Half?  Bollocks they were missing Evans and Maddison
(09-13-2020, 07:20 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Half?  Bollocks they were missing Evans and Maddison

We'll forget about Pereira and Amartey then, who cost £30M between them.