Greetings from corfu
When Mrs ex-Hawks and I went it was May (she was 5 gone with our firstborn so we didn’t wanna go too far too hot). At that time of the year you get fireflies in the evening, which is something else. The hills look alive. 

Driving around the island is a real treat as well, there are so many beautiful viewpoints on Kerkira. 

We lucked-in and managed to get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite of the what they believed to be the wrong (but - seemingly unbeknown to Thomas Cock - was actually the right) hotel which was pretty ace; views of the bay and nearby Albania were jaw dropping. And in spite of the opulent upgrade privileges the tavernas were STILL always the best option. And I didn’t have to drive anywhere as she was up the duff. Good times.

However because of our age, relative attitude to other top-floorers and the accent that goes along with not one but two DY8 postcodes of birth, they didn’t half check if we were conning them when we got the bill a few times. Stuck up cunts!

Which reminds me... Greece, just like a lot of places, just simply isn’t worth going with any more inclusive an option than B&B, or half board if you’re super lazy.
I love the Greek islands. Done quite a few. Steer clear of the Blackpool type resorts which are on quite a few of the islands and you're fine.

Usually do Greece in June or September and then India in February. Hoped to be in Santorini next month but will wait til next year now. Still hope for India in February but it's just wait and see at the moment.
(08-27-2020, 08:19 PM)Mark E Smith Wrote: I love the Greek islands. Done quite a few. Steer clear of the Blackpool type resorts which are on quite a few of the islands and you're fine.

Usually do Greece in June or September and then India in February.  Hoped to be in Santorini next month but will wait til next year now. Still hope for India in February but it's just wait and see at the moment.

Thought you would rather 'Hit the North''?  Big Grin
(08-27-2020, 08:23 PM)baggpuss Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 08:19 PM)Mark E Smith Wrote: I love the Greek islands. Done quite a few. Steer clear of the Blackpool type resorts which are on quite a few of the islands and you're fine.

Usually do Greece in June or September and then India in February.  Hoped to be in Santorini next month but will wait til next year now. Still hope for India in February but it's just wait and see at the moment.

Thought you would rather 'Hit the North''?  Big Grin

Haha. What a tune! I wrote that in 5 minutes on the bag of a fag packet