Justin Townes Earle
Not football related,I know. Died a few days ago aged 38. Son of Steve Earle and named after Townes van Zandt he was always going to have demons but still very sad news. Most won't have heard of the guy but check out

Maybe a Moment
Kids on the Street
Harlem River Blues

YouTube is a good place to start. Perhaps not for everyone but give him a try, original, beautiful voice and delivery. R.I.P. young man.
(08-26-2020, 07:27 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Not football related,I know. Died a few days ago aged 38. Son of Steve Earle and named after Townes van Zandt he was always going to have demons but still very sad news. Most won't have heard of the guy but check out

Maybe a Moment
Kids on the Street
Harlem River Blues

YouTube is a good place to start. Perhaps not for everyone but give him a try, original, beautiful voice and delivery. R.I.P. young man.

Always been a big fan of Steve Earle since Copperhead Road, saw him twice at Symphony Hall with his wife (then) Alison Moorer.
This is sad news indeed for his family
Steve Earle has been married 7 times, has had hard drugs issues, a chaotic personal life, and it's no wonder his son didn't stand a chance. Poor lad.
Spandaubaggie Wrote:Steve Earle has been married 7 times, has had hard drugs issues, a chaotic personal life, and it's no wonder his son didn't stand a chance. Poor lad.

Yes, there is some narrative there. Named after a troubled songwriter and the son of a hell raiser, JTE had a lot to live with. I saw Steve Earle a good few times but actually prefer Justin's stuff. It is a lot more melodic. I'd noticed he'd booked some gigs in Florida and NY and was really hoping he'd tour the UK.  I urge anyone to give those listed tracks a go, he also did a belting cover of Graceland.
This is very sad news. If anything it underlines what a totally chaotic life Steve has led. It must have been hugely difficult to grow up well-balanced with that example.