The Health Protection Agency
The latest dead cat for the government to pull out of the bag, they have to run out of these eventually don't they?

Modelled on the German Robert Koch institute apart from that being run by medical / scientific experts and we have chosen the wife of one of MPs who has already shown how to fail on a massive scale.

It replaces the Public Health England (set up by the Tories in 2012) which, under normal circumstances would be seen as a failure of policy, but seeing as they were pulled in all directions depending on what the loudest person was shouting (Obesity, Alcohol, Sugar, etc) and year after year of budget cuts then it becomes another brilliantly delivered failure in how to implement policy and fail to support it.

I see the groundworks for privatisation are already being laid by Hancock with lines like "while the country had some of the best labs available, it was unable to call upon the private diagnostics industry to increase capacity".

Don't say we couldn't see it coming.

Dido fucking Harding, I ask you.
(08-18-2020, 12:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The latest dead cat for the government to pull out of the bag, they have to run out of these eventually don't they?

Modelled on the German Robert Koch institute apart from that being run by medical / scientific experts and we have chosen the wife of one of MPs who has already shown how to fail on a massive scale.

It replaces the Public Health England (set up by the Tories in 2012) which, under normal circumstances would be seen as a failure of policy, but seeing as they were pulled in all directions depending on what the loudest person was shouting (Obesity, Alcohol, Sugar, etc) and year after year of budget cuts then it becomes another brilliantly delivered failure in how to implement policy and fail to support it.

I see the groundworks for privatisation are already being laid by Hancock with lines like "while the country had some of the best labs available, it was unable to call upon the private diagnostics industry to increase capacity".

Nothing to see here again just the best connected ahem sorry best person for the job!

(08-18-2020, 04:51 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 12:05 PM)baggy1 Wrote: The latest dead cat for the government to pull out of the bag, they have to run out of these eventually don't they?

Nothing to see here again just the best connected ahem sorry best person for the job!

Have started the deletion stop-watch!
(08-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

This thread will no doubt be moved to the politics bored sooner or later.

I deleted my Greece, Croatia and Turkey thread so you and China can take a chill pill as opposed to both getting binned by the mods.  Pointless. Life’s too short for bickering on the internet and I’ve met you both on a couple of occasions and you are both nice blokes.
No need to thank me.
(08-18-2020, 05:07 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:

This thread will no doubt be moved to the politics bored sooner or later.

I deleted my Greece, Croatia and Turkey thread so you and China can take a chill pill as opposed to both getting binned by the mods.  Pointless. Life’s too short for bickering on the internet and I’ve met you both on a couple of occasions and you are both nice blokes.
No need to thank me.

Thing is, they both think you're a right ....