League Cup
The first four rounds are all scheduled for midweeks in September. Was about to say how daft it was but then realised it can work to our advantage as it means no midweek PL games in September so fewer matches while we’re still putting the squad together...

That said I’m surprised they haven’t sacked it off for this season.
I'm surprised they haven't sacked it off completely. Pointless competition these days.
So one midweek September game for us then? Great.

(08-13-2020, 11:06 AM)Atomic Wrote: I'm surprised they haven't sacked it off completely. Pointless competition these days.

You wouldn’t be saying that if we won it.
(08-13-2020, 11:18 AM)Dumbo Wrote: So one midweek September game for us then? Great.

(08-13-2020, 11:06 AM)Atomic Wrote: I'm surprised they haven't sacked it off completely. Pointless competition these days.

You wouldn’t be saying that if we won it.

The way we approach both cup competitions renders them pointless.

It was pointless in 1961 when it was introduced, and The Seals won it.
No FA Cup replays next season either. All about the top 6 isn't it
Albion academy/under 21 also back  in EFL Trophy next season.

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/202...s-the-efl/
(08-13-2020, 02:38 PM)billybassett Wrote: No FA Cup replays next season either. All about the top 6 isn't it

There aren’t many teams who will fancy any extra games this coming season.

Only downside will be smaller clubs denied the possibility of a lucrative replay at a big boy... then again, if there are no crowds it’s not even that lucrative.
FA cup prize money halved too
Our recent LC record even worse than FAC. Have we actually made the semis since 82?