A-Level Results
[Image: 117378065_10157211130651401_646444752778...e=5F5C20D8]
(08-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: [Image: 117378065_10157211130651401_646444752778...e=5F5C20D8]

Or even
[Image: Colors-ACDC-Logo.jpg]https://1000logos.net/wp-content/uploads...C-Logo.jpg
Huge mess, apparently...

Not my words - some biff called Robert Halfon. 

Probably thinks being the (Conservative) chairman of the education select committee entitles him to an opinion. "That is a huge mess. Goodness knows what is going on at Ofqual. It is the last thing we need at this time. This is just unacceptable in my view," 

As I said, not my words.
(08-16-2020, 03:45 PM)Ossian Wrote: Huge mess, apparently...

Not my words - some biff called Robert Halfon. 

Probably thinks being the (Conservative) chairman of the education select committee entitles him to an opinion. "That is a huge mess. Goodness knows what is going on at Ofqual. It is the last thing we need at this time. This is just unacceptable in my view," 

As I said, not my words.

I feel sure a few posters will be limbering up for gymnastic contortions to defend the debacle very soon. No doubt just after the Gov do a U Turn and then blame teachers and Ofqual.
They were just following the Maths
The prime minister should have come and out and said he had faith in the mock results that Students had achieved and also in the predicted grades given by our wonderful profession of teachers and left the results at that. What a disgrace of a situation students, schools and the govt are now in.
I know it's only one example, but I thought I'd just mention that when my son did his GCSEs last year, his teachers predicted every grade correctly in all subjects bar 2 - one of which he got one grade lower, the other one grade higher (both by quite narrow margins). Maybe more trust should have been put in teachers.

I recognise this is a tough task for the DoE/Ofqual and no method they could conceive would not be without criticism - but the apparent elitism that this algorithm has re-inforced is just appalling. Makes the Tory promise of "levelling up" very hollow.
Welsh and Irish have announced they are following centre assessed grades.
English announcement due around 4pm, possibly to announce the same.
(08-17-2020, 01:50 PM)Arti Wrote: Welsh and Irish have announced they are following centre assessed grades.

The smell of burning rubber is Westminster is down to someone making 
A breakneck U turn
(08-17-2020, 01:50 PM)Arti Wrote: Welsh and Irish have announced they are following centre assessed grades.

What about the kids who had their A-Level results ruined last week?!

Williamson just confirmed the Govt abandoning standardisation for both GCSEs and A-Levels.

Hope the kids don't forget this, don't let the wankers get away with it.