Terrible Twos
My lad went to Leeds 3 years ago and I was heartbroken. Lost my best mate. Now he's back and driving me mental. Think he's back off to Leeds on Sunday and I know I shall miss him like anything. His sister on the other hand never wanted to be at home … and then 9 months after finally getting into a flat wants to come home very week - and not even for washing clothes! They're bonkers.
My brother's little girl is past her "terrible twos" now. She's a threenager. Beware.
Arf at the Mumsnet brigade
What a heart-warming thread. My kids are average age 38 (daughter 34, son 42). Still an absolute delight - but I do sometimes feel a slight nostalgia for the days when they actually were kids and I had some input. You young parents must enjoy the moment and build memories. I know there are times when that sounds like ridiculous advice - - -
(08-13-2020, 03:24 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-13-2020, 02:16 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Philosophy.   Might help him come to terms with the fact that the team he decided to support despite growing up near Leeds is likely to win jack shit, ever.   I've always admired him for that; his mates always thought he was insane.

Indeed.   I'm just thinking from my own perspective.

League Cup winners 66
League Cup runners-up 67 (this was a bit shit, to be fair)
FA Cup winners 68
FA Cup semi-finalists 69
League Cuup runner-up 70

I start going August 70

Fuck all since

It's been a labour of love for sure, which my lad to his credit has always got in spades.

I don't know.

78 FA Cup Semi final - lost
82 FA Cup Semi final - lost
82 League Cup Semi final- lost
07 Play-off final - Lost
08 FA Cup Semi Final - Lost

Big Grin

Ok , we've won fook hall since 68 but we did have a great eufa run, a fabulous team in the late 70s and the last 20 years have been relatively better with many years in the prem and 5/6 promotions. Certainly not been many dull moments this century.