Whisky Club
Anyone with an interest? 

I'm keen on my sherried speysides, itching to pull the trigger on a Glendronach 15 revival. I'm also in the market for an Aberlour A'Bunadh. My latest purchase is a bit of a cheapy, Tamnavulin Tempranillo cask, 35 from duty free. Not mega complex but heavy dark fruit notes, vanilla, oak spice. Nice after dinner whisky. 

Just tried some of the Arran malt 10 which isn't my usual thing but I enjoyed it. Fresh, grassy, herbal with some apple and green fruits going on.

Any recommendations/thoughts/recent reviews
Springbank 15year old with plenty of ice.
Used to always keep a bottle or two in the house, and preferred peated single malts such as Port Charlotte, Caol Ila etc...
Got in the habit of drinking a couple of glasses every night, and eventually stopped buying because it was getting a bit expensive!
I love a dram. My bag is peaty so most of the Islay offerings suit my taste, Lagavulin being the staple.

Other than that I like island malts, the Taliskers and Highland Parks etc., and the better blends.

I'm also a founder and shareholder at the Lakes Distillery in Cumbria.

The first whisky I ever tasted was Bells when I robbed it from the drinks cabinet when primary school age. Took a massive swig. Fuck me it nearly had my eyes popping out.
Taliskers.
It’s Irish Whiskeys for me, regular tipple is Jameson caskmates
Stout edition although about to start a new bottle of Yellow Spot
(08-11-2020, 04:46 PM)igorbalis Wrote: Springbank 15year old with plenty of ice.

One thing I'll never understand is ice in whisky. Kills off so much of the aroma and flavour. Surely if you want a cold drink there are better options?
I was eleven when my Dad give me a glass of Poteen and said " it's about time you tried your national drink " being the kiddie, I knocked it back. It burned all the way down and all the way up when it inevitably came straight back, I have never touched any sort of whisky since.
(08-11-2020, 05:05 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: I love a dram. My bag is peaty so most of the Islay offerings suit my taste, Lagavulin being the staple.

Other than that I like island malts, the Taliskers and Highland Parks etc., and the better blends.

I'm also a founder and shareholder at the Lakes Distillery in Cumbria.

The first whisky I ever tasted was Bells when I robbed it from the drinks cabinet when primary school age. Took a massive swig. Fuck me it nearly had my eyes popping out.

I've somehow never had a Lagavulin but its 53 euros in the supermarket near me so won't be long before I have a go. I enjoy a Talisker with the Woodsmoke and brine. Not had a Highland Park but don't think much of their recent re-branding...

Lakes Distillery must be such a fun enterprise, I'd love to give the Single Malt a go if I ever get the chance.

(08-11-2020, 05:14 PM)BasingBaggie Wrote: It’s Irish Whiskeys for me, regular tipple is Jameson caskmates
Stout edition although about to start a new bottle of Yellow Spot

Not much of an Irish drinker but I'm keen to try the various Spots and the Redbreast which gets good reviews.
(08-11-2020, 05:25 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I was eleven when my Dad give me a glass of Poteen and said " it's about time you tried your national drink " being the kiddie, I knocked it back. It burned all the way down and all the way up when it inevitably came straight back, I have never touched any sort of whisky since.

You should give it a go.

Nothing is better than a wee dram to aid a moment of relaxation.