Anyone even back into the work office yet?
Have worked right the way through.

Large office with a handful of staff, though.
I work at home, opening a factory in Telford in a few a weeks.

I’ve trashed the place so badly now my landlord no longer cares. I’ve basically agreed to forfeit the entire damage deposit which I’ll simply invoice back to the company.

So even though the kids have done well not to maim themselves on bits of steel and the carpets are saturated in ISO32 and Molykote grease, it’s actually been a really fun 3 months during which the kids actually see what engineers really do.
Was in the office every day last week, none this.

Birmingham offices are still very quiet.

Deloitte, for example, are suggesting no return until 2021 and are looking at downsizing options.

I look around at the glitzy new offices at Snow Hill and Colmore Row and wonder when they'll return to "normal".
(08-01-2020, 08:46 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Was in the office every day last week, none this.

Deloitte, for example, are suggesting no return until 2021 and are looking at downsizing options.

I look around at the glitzy new offices at Snow Hill and Colmore Row and wonder when they'll return to "normal".

Probably end up residiential.
(08-01-2020, 10:44 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 08:46 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: Was in the office every day last week, none this.

Probably end up residiential.

I would hope the builders had pre-lets in place before construction. Most funders would insist on this.

I popped into Brum for a business lunch last week at Asha's. I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I've seen busier Bank Holidays in the business district.
I think things will return to normal personally.

There's no way big business will want a "workforce from home" in the longer term. It wouldn't work over time.

However, other working ways will inevitably be more fluid and flexible.
(08-01-2020, 10:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I think things will return to normal personally.

There's no way big business will want a "workforce from home" in the longer term. It wouldn't work over time.

It's the logistics. If you are in an office tower block, and need to use a lift to reach your floor, it will take hours to fill and empty the building.
(08-01-2020, 10:57 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 10:50 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: I think things will return to normal personally.

It's the logistics. If you are in an office tower block, and need to use a lift to reach your floor, it will take hours to fill and empty the building.

Saw some plans of our office layout. 2 in a lift only. 2500 people over 11 floors. Socially distanced lift queue. I may be able to join the end of that queue outside my own front door!
Do these office blocks come complete with stairs?
(08-01-2020, 12:41 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Do these office blocks come complete with stairs?

I'm on the 6th floor and would use the stairs but the key card security system prevents me from doing so.

Got stuck in a service lift once. 

Between floors. 

In the dark. 

With a stack of office furniture. 

So was basically pressed up against the criss-cross metal door thing. 

That was really good fun, I wasn't tripping out much no not at all.