Bilić
(07-25-2020, 11:49 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: We have a manager that despite most of you predicting nothing but gloom got us promoted in a very entertaining way. He's put a smile back on normal Baggies fans the like of we haven't seen since you all demanded the capped fella was fucked off. Sign him up ffs. There ain't no pleasing some of you.

Yeh but, but, but, we only just stumbled over the line, in the worst promotion ever.    Rolleyes

[Image: 40392383.jpg]
(07-26-2020, 07:18 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 11:49 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: We have a manager that despite most of you predicting nothing but gloom got us promoted in a very entertaining way. He's put a smile back on normal Baggies fans the like of we haven't seen since you all demanded the capped fella was fucked off. Sign him up ffs. There ain't no pleasing some of you.

Yeh but, but, but, we only just stumbled over the line, in the worst promotion ever.    Rolleyes

[Image: 40392383.jpg]

With a global pandemic, a near 3 month hiatus & all games BCD. Huge asterisk against the 2019/20 season
That twat Pulis got an extra year every time he got into the last 12 months, so Slav certainly should. I don’t really understand why all managers aren’t just given one-year rolling deals, mind.
(07-26-2020, 11:05 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: That twat Pulis got an extra year every time he got into the last 12 months, so Slav certainly should. I don’t really understand why all managers aren’t just given one-year rolling deals, mind.

I'm sure it's what we used to do under Peace before Pulis rocked up.
(07-25-2020, 08:11 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:03 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 07:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 07:29 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 07:21 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: I hope so but lets be honest a bad start to next season and some numptys will want him out. I never want to go back to the Pulis days where we panic and get a defensive manager playing shite football just so we can 40 points every season. I just want to see us look a decent side who plays good football and competes and occasionally has a good go at the cup competitions. Bilic has been a breathe of fresh air and I hope he stays for a while.

You had a few idiots wanted him out after the Huddersfield game. Some of our fans are stupid, sometimes.

I wouldn’t be extending his contract this summer. 
Slav knows the realities of the game, he’s unlikely to get a better offer than here, unless he wants to go earn a shedload in a backwater league... we go to Christmas and see how things are and reassess his contract then.

Disagree here SW4. Won’t players be thinking he’s only got one year? We need to give him the power. IMO a new 2-3 year deal provides that. Providing we are competitive next season and show signs of progression (may even mean relegation). We need to back him. We can’t keep going through such a high turnover of managers IMO

The average tenure of most managers now isn’t much over a year, so I doubt any player signs with the expectation the manager will be there for a long time, regardless of the time remaining on his contract.

As Peace said, players sign for one reason... "the contract"