Wilder on Robinson
(07-25-2020, 08:18 AM)Huggybear Wrote: Fans seem to get carried away by all the nostalgia and celebrations of going up but for me the Premier League is serious and is Robinson really going to be good enough for us next season ,of course he isn’t.At most I wouldn’t offer more than 2.5 million and we know that would be turned down.Money should be placed elsewhere and fans need to forget this nostalgia and be realistic.Yes we need to keep the majority of the squad together because you don’t want to lose the spirit that has been built over the season but also we have to make the money we have go along way and wasting it on Robinson would be foolish to me.

That may be true but who do you think we can afford to sign that will be good enough? Give me some names.
If you think we'll find a £20m striker that can bang them in from all angles then I think you need to re think.

I think Robinson for a few mill, maybe Pukki worth a nod, what this year has desperately shown is that we've nobody who can stretch a defence with their pace. Robinson did that a bit on Wednesday and his hold up play was good. What I dislike about HRK is his selfishness. He will always try and beat another man before passing it.
Pukki is 30, and would likely cost £20m... it’s a complete no from me.

The one player I’d want from Norwich, outside of Cantwell and Godfrey is Buendia... his numbers are absolutely insane.
(07-25-2020, 11:15 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Pukki is 30, and would likely cost £20m... it’s a complete no from me.

The one player I’d want from Norwich, outside of Cantwell and Godfrey is Buendia... his numbers are absolutely insane.

aye true forgot he was 30, don't fancy Cantwell - too lightweight and no pace
It doesn’t matter what names we throw into the pot you have to weigh up everything age,injury record ,pace etc. Adam Lallana for example injury record?I like Kemar Roofe but again injury record.Im sure Dowling and Billic will have there own list and not just players who are in this country .
I'd like to see us try to sign Robinson. I think £5-6m is about right, with add-ons based on us staying up or him making so many appearances. the benefit of us signing him is he's a proven Championship performer so if we did come back down again, he'll be very useful. As well as he played on Wednesday, don't be fooled into thinking he'll play there in the Prem. Though we struggled to beat QPR, they were definitely in 3rd gear, so I'd ignore that performance.

I'm hoping that the scouting department have a hot striker from the European leagues up their sleeve. Another Odemwingie would be most welcome.