Curry in a hurry
Have any of you tried making a curry in a slow cooker?

I got given one recently and looking for something else to make in it other than Chilli Con Carne.

Also, anyone got a good pathia recipe?

(07-22-2020, 12:45 PM)MGalea Wrote: Didn't the sauce all drip down on to the fire and put it out?

Arf
Ark at fuggin Delia Oliver McRoux over here, nobody else must ever have cooked anything! Big Grin
In the form of his life.
http://www.cookingwithsukhi.com/recipe/p...amb-curry/

I tried this recipe, not exactly quick but pretty straightforward to make. I also used lamb neck and just simmered it low and slow until the meat was meltingly soft. 

Probably the best home made curry I’ve made. Really tasty.
(07-23-2020, 06:29 PM)imsotall Wrote: Have any of you tried making a curry in a slow cooker?

I got given one recently and looking for something else to make in it other than Chilli Con Carne.

(07-22-2020, 12:45 PM)MGalea Wrote: Didn't the sauce all drip down on to the fire and put it out?

Arf

Fucked at the moment mate but I'll sort you out.

(07-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 02:05 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Oh, and for the Thai paste dishes, also add fish sauce and fresh lime juice and fresh coriander.

I don’t fry the meat, but boil it gently in the coconut milk or boil in it water with a bit of olive oil added.

All curry houses and Chinese takeaways boil their meat - it's what makes it taste so tender and it's pe-cooked and ready to chuck into the final dish.

Anything Laziza is great if you're after that authentic taste. The Balti/curry houses tend to use Pataks sauces which are also very good.

Just looked a box of Laziza. Manufactured in Pakistan.

Pataks, manufactured in Poland.

Hah! Really!?
(07-23-2020, 10:41 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 06:29 PM)imsotall Wrote: Have any of you tried making a curry in a slow cooker?

Arf

Fucked at the moment mate but I'll sort you out.

(07-23-2020, 05:58 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(07-22-2020, 02:05 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Oh, and for the Thai paste dishes, also add fish sauce and fresh lime juice and fresh coriander.

I don’t fry the meat, but boil it gently in the coconut milk or boil in it water with a bit of olive oil added.

All curry houses and Chinese takeaways boil their meat - it's what makes it taste so tender and it's pe-cooked and ready to chuck into the final dish.

Anything Laziza is great if you're after that authentic taste. The Balti/curry houses tend to use Pataks sauces which are also very good.

Just looked a box of Laziza. Manufactured in Pakistan.

Pataks, manufactured in Poland.

Hah! Really!?

The jar I had in the cupboard was manufactured in Poland

On their website they state they manufacture in UK, Poland and Thailand 
https://www.pataks.com.au/faq/where-are-...ucts-made/