Pereira
(07-05-2020, 06:26 PM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:34 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: I think it's safe to say he's the best player to wear the stripes since the late, great Laurie Cunningham.

That's a big statement considering we're playing in a tupenny ha'penny league. Let's see how he does in the Prem before placing him in the hall of fame.

Remember Koumas was untouchable in this league, but very ordinary one level higher.

I just don't think this will be true of the feller. He is sublime and will get better protection if we go up into the Premiership. It may be that he gets to play with better players too … hopefully we'll sign some. What he is doing with the ball is light years away from most players, even in the Premiership. I think as long as he stays true to himself and is treated as he should be then he'll be a joy - as he is now.  The most exciting player I've seen, as has been said, since Laurie. Just wonderful.
(07-05-2020, 05:12 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:10 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:06 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:05 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I’ve just seen “that pass”. My word, what a through ball and not for the first time this season.

The reverse pass against QPR at Loftus Road.

That was quite possibly even better than the one for the Grosicki goal today.

I said that on another thread. 

16 assists and 8 goals. Unreal.

To put in to context the Greasy Twat scored 6 and had 8 assists last season!!!! I know he was out injured but Pereira has been much more effective.

Long may it continue....
(07-05-2020, 08:23 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:12 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:10 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:06 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 05:05 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I’ve just seen “that pass”. My word, what a through ball and not for the first time this season.

The reverse pass against QPR at Loftus Road.

That was quite possibly even better than the one for the Grosicki goal today.

I said that on another thread. 

16 assists and 8 goals. Unreal.

To put in to context the Greasy Twat scored 6 and had 8 assists last season!!!! I know he was out injured but Pereira has been much more effective.

Long may it continue....

For sure. 

It’s actually 19 assists. Even better.
Last I read (t'other day) deal is all agreed, but not signed and sealed yet. Think it won't be until we pay the cash, which I'm sure was delayed by a month, agreed with the Portuguese.

Definitely looking more like himself today, with him playing like that and Grady getting his tricksy runs on I'm a lot more confident.
Is the deal delayed because we pay more if we get promoted? And we need to wait and see final outcome?
(07-05-2020, 05:34 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: I think it's safe to say he's the best player to wear the stripes since the late, great Laurie Cunningham.

That's a big statement considering we're playing in a tupenny ha'penny league. Let's see how he does in the Prem before placing him in the hall of fame.

Remember Koumas was untouchable in this league, but very ordinary one level higher.

WUM ALERT!!!!
(07-05-2020, 10:25 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

WUM ALERT!!!!

Its true, Swag.

How brilliant did Dorrans look 10 years ago in the second tier?

Pereira looks a class above, but when he makes the PFA team  or lands at a top 4 club can you reach a conclusion.

Glad he is ours, though  Big Grin
Wasn’t he in the running for Bundesliga young player of the year last season. Whilst playing for a team that got relegated.
(07-06-2020, 12:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-05-2020, 10:25 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

WUM ALERT!!!!

Its true, Swag.

How brilliant did Dorrans look 10 years ago in the second tier?

Pereira looks a class above, but when he makes the PFA team  or lands at a top 4 club can you reach a conclusion.

Glad he is ours, though  Big Grin

Agreed, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that Pereira looks a class above in this league but acknowledge that he’s still untested at PL level.
Why argue that he can only be measured as great playing for a top 4 team? I'd argue it's a lot more bloody difficult playing for a lesser team and reproducing the form he has than in team full of players who will make the job easier for him by virtue of dominating games.

What I saw at QPR on a small pitch was a man who could make space and play passes through the tightest of areas and as for the one yesterday - hit full pelt into Grosicki's path through 3 or 4 players - was as good as anything in the Premiership this year.