If we are even very average
First 3 games back we have hardly set the world alight and yet we still stumbled to 1.5 ppg.
Thats 9 points for the last six which would put us on 83.
Brentford sitting on 69 would thus need 14 from 18.  That is really quite some form they need to maintain and thats if we are distinctly average.
Their teams look easy but its never that simple in football - Wigan could give them something stiff to cope with.

Its not looking so bad from where I sit.
Moreover, we only really need to get 1 more point than Leeds and they are hardly looking that great either.
I was looking for 9 points last night as I agree that this may be enough. I had wins against Hull, Huddersfield & QPR (although saying this it is the Championship and I do think if we beat Hull next game it may be a little bit more comfortable for us)
(07-02-2020, 06:17 AM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: I was looking for 9 points last night as I agree that this may be enough. I had wins against Hull, Huddersfield & QPR (although saying this it is the Championship and I do think if we beat Hull next game it may be a little bit more comfortable for us)

You only get 3 points for a win Big Grin
(07-02-2020, 06:28 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 06:17 AM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote: I was looking for 9 points last night as I agree that this may be enough. I had wins against Hull, Huddersfield & QPR (although saying this it is the Championship and I do think if we beat Hull next game it may be a little bit more comfortable for us)

You only get 3 points for a win Big Grin

Last night's result felt as good as 9 points to me
(07-02-2020, 02:55 AM)ItsAGoal Wrote: First 3 games back we have hardly set the world alight and yet we still stumbled to 1.5 ppg.
Brentford sitting on 69 would thus need 14 from 18.  That is really quite some form they need to maintain and thats if we are distinctly average.
Their teams look easy but its never that simple in football - Wigan could give them something stiff to cope with.

Moreover, we only really need to get 1 more point than Leeds and they are hardly looking that great either.

Brentford could quite easily do what Villa did last year, which would mean that we would need 86 points. The Derby v Brentford game could be a hugely important one for us.
Looking at our fixtures most are either against teams going for promotion or survival.

Strangely Fulham might be the most straightforward. Chances are by the time we get to them they will be out of the automatic picture but safely in the playoffs and looking to rest.
Winning at the weekend would be good.

There is no team in the league we ought to fear, based on out season form and the fact that we are serious contenders for the Chumpionship title.
(07-02-2020, 06:33 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 02:55 AM)ItsAGoal Wrote: First 3 games back we have hardly set the world alight and yet we still stumbled to 1.5 ppg.

Brentford could quite easily do what Villa did last year, which would mean that we would need 86 points. The Derby v Brentford game could be a hugely important one for us.

There's always that possibility of course, but probabilistically they're gonna fuck it up at some point, surely
(07-02-2020, 10:09 AM)ItsAGoal Wrote:
(07-02-2020, 06:33 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:

There's always that possibility of course, but probabilistically they're gonna fuck it up at some point, surely

That's what Wolves said cApril 2001

No easy games really at this stage and all the teams they play have something to play for. 

Wigan will have a siege mentality you would have thought and who knows even last day Barnsley may need to win to stay up. 

If we can remain unbeaten and win at least 3, that should probably do it.