Pulis, Woodgate, Warnock
Feel sorry for the Boro fans....
Warnock exactly what they need right now.

However, if they stay up, they should then thank him and fuck him off.
Within 6 months, 4 if you ignore the break.
I'm stunned it took this long to get rid of Woodgate, he's been awful. That team should not be 21st.
(06-23-2020, 02:30 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: I'm stunned it took this long to get rid of Woodgate, he's been awful. That team should not be 21st.

Correct. Made us work hard for the win at theirs and had no problems with us at home. They should be pushing for the play-offs, at least. Fans have said all season that Woodgate was clueless, but Gibson wanted to stand by his man.
Warnock! Thought he lived in Devon. WTF?
Fooks sake I've always had a spot for Boro but it's hard like them these days with all these loons they keep employing.
(06-23-2020, 02:30 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: I'm stunned it took this long to get rid of Woodgate, he's been awful. That team should not be 21st.

He’d have gone in January but their mini run over Xmas bought him some time.
There was talk about relegation and consolidating around a group of very talented youngsters who Woodgate knows very well, but think COVID19 has made them more dependent on survival this year.

Woodgate got his tactics spot on in both games, and their plan at The Hawthorns was effectively the blueprint for a fair few teams during our poor run, so think some of the criticism he gets is over the top.

He inherited an ageing, unbalanced squad of 6’4+ CBs and little or no creativity from Pulis and was immediately told to cut the wage bill...
(06-23-2020, 08:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 02:30 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote: I'm stunned it took this long to get rid of Woodgate, he's been awful. That team should not be 21st.

There was talk about relegation and consolidating around a group of very talented youngsters who Woodgate knows very well, but think COVID19 has made them more dependent on survival this year.

Woodgate got his tactics spot on in both games, and their plan at The Hawthorns was effectively the blueprint for a fair few teams during our poor run, so think some of the criticism he gets is over the top.

He inherited an ageing, unbalanced squad of 6’4+ CBs and little or no creativity from Pulis and was immediately told to cut the wage bill...

They're 21st with 3 quarters of the season played and are level on points with a Hull side whose owners are seemingly trying to get relegated. They're below Wigan and Charlton who both have a budget of 5p and it's feasible they could be overtaken by a Barnsley side that has an average squad age of 12.

In terms of transfers, yes they got rid of Randolph and Downing but it's not anything like the sales they made last season, I stand by my assertion that they should be nowhere near 21st.
(06-23-2020, 08:27 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 08:09 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

They're 21st with 3 quarters of the season played and are level on points with a Hull side whose owners are seemingly trying to get relegated. They're below Wigan and Charlton who both have a budget of 5p and it's feasible they could be overtaken by a Barnsley side that has an average squad age of 12.

In terms of transfers, yes they got rid of Randolph and Downing but it's not anything like the sales they made last season, I stand by my assertion that they should be nowhere near 21st.

They also lost Leadbitter, Batth, Besic and Hugill... the latter were their two best players that season.

TP did a good job to haul that squad into top 6 contention, but as we’ve seen, when he left he left a bloated, unbalanced side without much room to manoeuvre on the wagebill and Woodgate was tasked with a very tough first job.

I agree they shouldn’t be 21st, but they’re one win off being 17th, which is probably a fairer reflection.