Dings...
(06-20-2020, 09:45 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 09:33 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:54 PM)Jacobthebaggie Wrote:
(06-20-2020, 08:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Because I didn't know any Wolves fans growing up being in a Villa area I just don't hate them like I hate Villa.

I still don't wish them any success, but just don't hate them.

Have you ever been to their place? A visit there is enough to make you hate them. They have a certain "charm"

This is what i don't get. I understand why Birmingham born Albion fans see Villa as the main rivals; but how can they view a club whose fans have projected phlegm and bricks at us positively?

Villa have historically been our biggest rivals.
I don't think Albion fans want Wilves to win. Simply admiting they are a very good side. Have to be blinkered not to think that.

Rivalry is entirely subjective; there is no official rival. It obviously depends on your age and place of birth/residence, hence the differing opinions on this board. 

No blinkers, they are a very good side. They also have a significant contingent of their support base who actively seek to bring harm to our fans. I've been to Villa multiple times and have never been gobbed on, had a baggeridge brick thrown at me, been chased down a subway or witnessed my dad get hit by a sucker punch from behind by some scrote. Sure, the atmosphere was intense but i never felt in danger. Same can't be said for Molineux.

Oh, and there's literally 2 posters on this fred who wanted them to win.
(06-20-2020, 08:39 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Because I didn't know any Wolves fans growing up being in a Villa area I just don't hate them like I hate Villa.

I always find the Wolves or Villa thing odd like Villa probably feel about us or Blues. When one talks about their own viewpoint geographically it has to be placed in the big scheme.
For instance Villa did one about us and Blues on a fan site a couple of years ago and it was a bollocks thing based on the editor’s experience. Don’t know where he was from but it clearly wasn’t within 10 miles of Brum as he said we were as irrelevant as Cov!
I know of a Villa fan from Great Barr and he says he really sees Albion as the rival as does his old school mates. Equally I went to school in Bearwood and it was half and half Villa Albion. Blues unimportant to Vila and Wolves unimportant to Albion.
However if you’re an Albion fan from Dudley you’ll feel differently as will a Villa fan from Hall Green.
If you’re a Villa twat from Gloucester you probably won’t feel the Derby tension at all hence the reason Man C v Man U a very different affair with what it was 30 years ago.
(06-20-2020, 06:19 PM)Albionmad Wrote: I feel dirty saying this but a I want a Dingle win as it increases the chances of West Ham going down.

I want Vile and West Ham to go down more than I can express in words.

It's their sense of entitlement that grinds my gears as well as their shyster owners.

What goes round comes around is a well used phrase. I hope it comes true for both of 'em.

This 1000%
As much as I dislike them at some point you have to say fair play.

So long as Villa go down and we go up and keeo slav I'll be a happy man footballing wise.

Have you ever been to their place? A visit there is enough to make you hate them. They have a certain "charm"

No thankfully I haven't.

I fully imagine that not going from that area blinkers my view somewhat. I completely get why plenty hate them more. Rivalry is always somewhat personal though.
(06-20-2020, 10:48 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

No thankfully I haven't.

I fully imagine that not going from that area blinkers my view somewhat. I completely get why plenty hate them more. Rivalry is always somewhat personal though.

Different times now as well Birdy. Apparently there is quite a lot of Dings in Worcester these days (where I believe you are from).
I hate wolves - we get a truly horrible time when we go there. Cups of piss, bricks, attacked in the streets, their hatred is united in one way and it’s all towards us, a bit like Blues towards Villa. They also have a level of arrogance that they’re some form of sleeping giants that created European football etc.
They have a bigger % of scummy fans than most and they’re quite proud of their reputation.

I also hate Villa. They’re spawns fuckers that have a level of arrogance beyond the pale. Many of their fans can seem quite normal until you mention football, then their arrogance pours out. There’s a real rivalry between us, but it’s a footballing rivalry and whilst it may get violent occasionally it’s generally not too bad. You could walk through the majority of their fans knowing you were Albion without any bother, try that in Wolverhampton and it would turn violent very quickly. And 1982, don’t forget 1982 ffs.

So really one is pure hatred towards us and one is a footballing rivalry.

I’m torn between what would be worse Wolves in CL or Villa staying up. Unfortunately for us I suspect the Wolves owners are the real deal and they’re operating in a different world to us now.

I’ll be hoping for a draw when they play which, fingers crossed, will be no good to either side.
(06-21-2020, 08:15 AM)CA Baggie Wrote: I hate wolves - we get a truly horrible time when we go there. Cups of piss, bricks, attacked in the streets, their hatred is united in one way and it’s all towards us, a bit like Blues towards Villa.   They also have a level of arrogance that they’re some form of sleeping giants that created European football etc.
They have a bigger % of scummy fans than most and they’re quite proud of their reputation.

I also hate Villa.  They’re spawns fuckers that have a level of arrogance beyond the pale.  Many of their fans can seem quite normal until you mention football, then their arrogance pours out.  There’s a real rivalry between us, but it’s a footballing rivalry and whilst it may get violent occasionally it’s generally not too bad.  You could walk through the majority of their fans knowing you were Albion without any bother, try that in Wolverhampton and it would turn violent very quickly.  And 1982, don’t forget 1982 ffs.  

So really one is pure hatred towards us and one is a footballing rivalry.

I’m torn between what would be worse Wolves in CL or Villa staying up.  Unfortunately for us I suspect the Wolves owners are the real deal and they’re operating in a different world to us now.    

I’ll be hoping for a draw when they play which, fingers crossed, will be no good to either side.

Wolves in the CL and having any kind of sustained success would impact us eventually regarding fanbase IMO.
There is a large crossover of fans in our local fanbase with Wolves and the last thing we need is them having that success over a long period. At the moment Villa are a bit shit and long may that continue too.
Some good replies on here. Particularly the one pointing out we share an area with the dings and any success they have directly affects our fanbase. The other points are that when we go to villa there is plenty of banter but by and large they steer well and truly clear of our lot. The dings, on the other hand, find any cowardly way to make their home advantage count. Women and children frequently being victimised. Growing up in the BC and now living north of Brum, I despise both but have only ever been attacked by the one lot. There is plenty of room to despise both.
Villa always been the enemy to me, Wolves always been an enema.