Top Of The League
The way i see it if and under the circumstances its a big if , we win 4 and draw 1we are on 84pts .Brentford would have to win 7 out of 8 to match that and Fulham the same which given there run in its highly unlikely .I can see Brentford winning most of the games but even if we lose Fri we have still have to lose another 2 and they win 2 to over take us .
Friday is a smell-the-air moment; we'll either be locomotiving to the playaoffs, or on cloud 8 1/2.
(06-21-2020, 08:34 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: The way i see it if and under the circumstances its a big if , we win 4 and draw 1we are on 84pts .Brentford would have to win 7 out of 8 to match that and Fulham the same which given there run in its highly unlikely. I can see Brentford winning most of the games but even if we lose Fri we have still have to lose another 2 and they win 2 to over take us .
Exactly. Obviously it's possible that we'll lose out on automatic promotion, but it's pretty unlikely. The draw against Blues was disappointing, but if anything, we're in a stronger position than yesterday morning after the Fulham result. No time to panic.
(06-21-2020, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 08:34 AM)Three Degrees Wrote: The way i see it if and under the circumstances its a big if , we win 4 and draw 1we are on 84pts .Brentford would have to win 7 out of 8 to match that and Fulham the same which given there run in its highly unlikely. I can see Brentford winning most of the games but even if we lose Fri we have still have to lose another 2 and they win 2 to over take us .
Exactly. Obviously it's possible that we'll lose out on automatic promotion, but it's pretty unlikely. The draw against Blues was disappointing, but if anything, we're in a stronger position than yesterday morning after the Fulham result. No time to panic.

Exactly. Also no one seems to be mentioning how good we looked defensively yesterday. Hardly gave them a sniff all game. If we are as tight as that for the rest of the season we'll easily get over the line as we will score goals. Not yesterday but we will score plenty imo. 

I'm optimistic.
It'll be interesting to see if Brentford come at us or do a Blues. If the former I think we'll win, the latter and I'll be happy with a draw...

(06-21-2020, 08:53 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(06-21-2020, 08:43 AM)74bus Wrote:

Exactly. Also no one seems to be mentioning how good we looked defensively yesterday. Hardly gave them a sniff all game. If we are as tight as that for the rest of the season we'll easily get over the line as we will score goals. Not yesterday but we will score plenty imo. 

I'm optimistic.

Mainly because Blues weren't that fussed on winning, Clotet basically said as much. They'd have took a sneaked goal obviously, but we don't know how to break parked teams down, and we haven't all season.