Favourite track by ... Vol 48
Telegram Sam.

Despite the feather boa, makeup, long curly hair and satin trousers, people still thought Marc Bolan might have been gay!
Jeepster
(06-19-2020, 07:35 AM)Pfister Wrote: Telegram Sam.

Despite the feather boa, makeup, long curly hair and satin trousers, people still thought Marc Bolan might have been gay!

He was an ace face (a very well dressed mod) in the 60’s and stole motorbikes to pay for his obsession with clothes
(06-19-2020, 06:32 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Another forgotten band the Pioneers of Glam Rock.

T. Rex

One per week!

Not sure if this is a general point Duffers or an eye roll at T Rex.

If the latter you are wrong, very wrong. For those of us who became teenagers in the early 70s, they were an important bridge between pop music and something a bit more challenging/serious/better (delete as appropriate).

Jeepster
Hot Love
Children of the Revolution.

On Bowie I think they were friends up until Bolan's death. Bolan had a children's pop show, and there is a famous show where Bowie appears doing his latest single     which was Heroes.

Bowie was a very good mimic of other singers. If you search YouTube you can find him mimicking Bolan (amongst others) on an outake of Absolute Beginners.
They were fantastic. He's about the same age as Springsteen-would have been packing out arenas now if he'd have lived imho. Or postponing arena gigs indefinitely to keep hold of the money, more likely.
(06-19-2020, 08:10 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:08 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Another forgotten band the Pioneers of Glam Rock.

T. Rex

One per week!

If the latter you are wrong, very wrong. For those of us who became teenagers in the early 70s, they were an important bridge between pop music and something a bit more challenging/serious/better (delete as appropriate).

Jeepster
Hot Love

On Bowie I think they were friends up until Bolan's death. Bolan had a children's pop show, and there is a famous show where Bowie appears doing his latest single     which was Heroes.

Bowie was a very good mimic of other singers. If you search YouTube you can find him mimicking Bolan (amongst others) on an outake of Absolute Beginners.

Oh no, nothing against T-Rex at all. Lot of time for them, I’d pick Children of the Revolution as mine.

We’d agreed that posters could only post one thread a week to give more posters chance to suggest someone and get a bit more diversity rather than the same few starting threads. Remi has already done one this week.
(06-19-2020, 08:25 AM)Duffers Wrote:

T. Rex

One per week!

Jeepster
Hot Love

Oh no, nothing against T-Rex at all. Lot of time for them, I’d pick Children of the Revolution as mine.

We’d agreed that posters could only post one thread a week to give more posters chance to suggest someone and get a bit more diversity rather than the same few starting threads. Remi has already done one this week.

He means, he agreed blah blah blah
Some great songs to choose from but I’ll go for the first two when they were plain old Tyrannosaurus Rex,
Debora
Ride a White Swan
(06-19-2020, 08:29 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

T. Rex

One per week!

Jeepster
Hot Love

Shouldn’t you be making creepy comments about children somewhere?
(06-19-2020, 09:27 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 08:29 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 06:32 AM)Duffers Wrote: One per week!

Jeepster
Hot Love

Shouldn’t you be making creepy comments about children somewhere?

The accuser is normally the real abuser.