Amazon Firestick
What can I do with this thing apart from the obvious. Can I use it to get IPTV and ting, If I jailbreak it can I get the footy on it etc etc?
Yes you can.
If anyone has any instructions on how to do it I’d be interested in hearing...

Ta.
There's a ton of vids on YouTube for how to install Kodi and the like for this sort of stuff. I still can't get NowTV on the firestcik for our upstairs telly for when the the kids have occupied the rooms downstairs though.
Don't waste your time with kodi etc IMO. No need to jailbreak it either. Just get a good IPTV service and they normally give you instructions on how to watch through firestick.

FYI firesticks are on offer at moment on Amazon
(06-18-2020, 05:17 PM)Fido Wrote: There's a ton of vids on YouTube for how to install Kodi and the like for this sort of stuff. I still can't get NowTV on the firestcik for our upstairs telly for when the the kids have occupied the rooms downstairs though.

Download now tv to a laptop and connect the laptop to your tv using a HDMI cable.
(06-18-2020, 05:30 PM)mattaky Wrote: Don't waste your time with kodi etc IMO. No need to jailbreak it either. Just get a good IPTV service and they normally give you instructions on how to watch through firestick.

Aye just got one with an eye for IPTV. My smart TV already does the rest. Any IPTV recommendations, especially for the footy?
I'm surprised Kodi is still going .
(06-18-2020, 05:33 PM)HomersBelly Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 05:30 PM)mattaky Wrote: Don't waste your time with kodi etc IMO. No need to jailbreak it either. Just get a good IPTV service and they normally give you instructions on how to watch through firestick.

Aye just got one with an eye for IPTV. My smart TV already does the rest. Any IPTV recommendations, especially for the footy?

do you not have any IPTV apps on your Smart TV, I use SIPTV (Smart IPTV, cost about £4 for life) on my LG telly, most good IPTV suppliers are able to provide an app to watch though with instructions on how to get it on your firestick
I use a Firestick every day for BBC iPlayer catch-up and all other channels catchup apps also if you a bit more advanced you can install “other” apps for watching movies and sports etc Mobdro is good for live sports apparently and BeeTv for movies I’ve been told  Rolleyes
Just have a search how to install on Firestick