Could legal action come following the Villa game?
It was a goal 100%

Could there be some legal action as a result?
The system failed for one reason or another .Its been admitted to.
So if Sheffield United finish 2/3 places down the league we are talking millions possibly Europa
Could they instigate legal action to claim for losses?
Villa stay up by one point or goal difference?
Could those around do the same?
What about previous dubious decisions ?
Could they be looked at by those stood by & stand to make a fortune?

This year has proved to be like no other 
Could this be a first?
The technology has never failed before apparently 

Would the simple solution to be to just award the win to Sheffield United?
I think Sheff United would be right to challenge Hawkeye as they have failed to deliver on their role.

A quick look at the stats and after Palace (by a fraction of a %) Sheff Utd are the team most likely to win a game they're leading at HT in the division away from home. Villa are also decidedly high up on the lost of teams unlikely to win a game they are behind in/drawing at HT... so it would be relatively fair to assume Sheff U would have won that game had the goal stood.
Villa will pay off anyone who threatens them, in my opinion.

Sheff Utd reached an out of court settlement with West Ham over Tevez when they were relegated (according to the press), and if this result is pivotal over relegation or European places I think Villa will have to spunk some cash.
STW may sue.

The sewers are blocked with the Seal shit stained confidence in Hawkeye that was flushed down the bog last night.

Blockages. Galore.
All smells of brown envelopes to me, would not be surprised to see Vile benefit from a few very debatable decessions, just enough to keep them up, saw an interview on the BBC with Purslow yesterday before the game no wonder he had a smug grin on his face you do have to wonder though.
What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. It’s not the first time that a club has been cheated out of a goal and it won’t be the last. Things like last night have been going on for years with or without technology. Sorry baggies fans but if that would have gone for us we would be laughing just like those f*****g vile fans.
(06-18-2020, 09:58 AM)wba13 Wrote: What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. It’s not the first time that a club has been cheated out of a goal and it won’t be the last. Things like last night have been going on for years with or without technology. Sorry baggies fans but if that would have gone for us we would be laughing just like those f*****g vile fans.

It’s a fair point.

Let’s face facts, had it happened down the other end people would be too busy laughing to be bleating about “lack of confidence”.
No and nor should it.
(06-18-2020, 09:58 AM)wba13 Wrote: What happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. It’s not the first time that a club has been cheated out of a goal and it won’t be the last. Things like last night have been going on for years with or without technology. Sorry baggies fans but if that would have gone for us we would be laughing just like those f*****g vile fans.
The game's gone Tom. Human error is part of the talking points.
Already Seal conspiracy theories AOTS here, brown envelopes etc, etc. Such rubbish makes the game.
A potential PI claim in the offing in the real world.

Sheffield United potentially losing millions of pounds and how much in damages for not being in Europe alongside the potential for a third party club being relegated due to Villa gaining an extra point. The company running the equipment to check for a goal being scored have openly admitted full liability to the error.

For those into conspiracies then I suspect that this could go against the Villa rather than for them. They simply have to be relegated otherwise it could be claims galore! I happen to think it was a cock-up and nothing more than people not doing their jobs properly. No master plan to keep Villa in the PL or brown envelopes etc.