Favourite track by.....vol 47
I Know What I Like ( in your wardrobe )

(06-18-2020, 09:38 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: All I know about Genesis is apparently they were far better when Gabriel fronted them and they have a prick who can play the drums rather well.

Didn`t think he was that good a drummer to be honest.

(06-18-2020, 11:18 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 11:09 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:22 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Supper's Ready is the canine's testicles. 48 years old and an astonishing piece of music.

The Musical Box
Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (a very special song to me)
The Carpet Crawler
Mama
Follow You, Follow Me

They were little more then college boys then. The talent was for all to see. I honestly believe the younger generation just have a dislike for anything before 1980 irrespective of what it is. Unless they make an appearance at Glastonbury, they then become wonderful, super, smashing, great.

They seem to have been led to believe in the "Year Zero" nonsense propagated by The NME and Melody Maker, back in the day. "Anything prior to the first Ramones album is worthless and is to be ignored".

It's only in the last few years that that has been challenged. Most people now view it as utter bollocks. Joe Strummer was a massive King Crimson fan. John Lydon loves Krautrock, Captain Sensible is a huge fan of The Canterbury Scene.
I am totally the opposite, most stuff made after about 1975 , I can`t stand, apart from a few from the early 80`s it is `worthless and to be ignored`.
(06-18-2020, 10:22 AM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: Supper's Ready is the canine's testicles. 48 years old and an astonishing piece of music.

The Musical Box
Dancing With The Moonlit Knight (a very special song to me)
The Carpet Crawler
Mama
Follow You, Follow Me

just want to say thank you for bringing that to my attention as was an awesome listen and I'll be exploring the Genesis back catalogue some more after that epic Smile
Defiinitely a Gabriel era Genesis fan.

So perversely i'll start with a couple of post Gabriel songs

Follow you fiollow me
Throwing it all away

Musical Box
The Knife
I Know what I Like
The musical box
The fountain of Salmacis
Return of the giant hogweed
Conqueror
(06-18-2020, 09:38 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: All I know about Genesis is apparently they were far better when Gabriel fronted them and they have a prick who can play the drums rather well.

This is the answer.

I can name Jesus He Knows Me and I can't Dance.  I prefer Jesus He Knows Me so that's what I'll go with.
Genesis were IMO ahead of the game. Although it took them several years to get going.
Apart from the music, they spent millions on stage settings - which raised the public awareness of they were growing into a super group.
The ability of the members to play multiple - instruments obviously helped with recording and innovative and creative thinking.
I even have to concede Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" video has been copied by so many acts he should be on royalties.
They have also stood the test of time as a band and solo artists.
(06-18-2020, 01:23 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Conqueror

From the very first album? I only got that recently and surprised how good it is for a bunch of schoolboys.
Genesis was a fine pick, role on midnight I have a new one ready and waiting.
Another different one never mentioned so far. Big Grin