Crowd noise...
Are we using it at the Hawthorns? Was sceptical at first but it has definitely improved the viewing experience with the Bundesliga
Crowd noises all started in Australia for NRL and Aussie Rules on BT. BT explicitly stated they had not added the crowd noises it was coming from Fox the broadcaster. Having watched the NRL games, I must admit it did certainly make it better viewing experience however there were instances where there were lots of crowd noise but nothing happening on the pitch. I did like what the German broadcasters did for Bundesliga (playing catch upto Aussies surprisingly), they actually added that particular (home team specific) teams chats/songs - mixing in some of the away teams chats. Again BT stated it was not their doing. It did make for a better viewing experience IMO for the football as I've watched some "no noise" games and it sounds "empty".

Let's wait and see what Sky/BT do for crowd noises, and see if they get fancy like ze Germans.

Point raised concerning crowd noise at the Hawthorns, you'll only have it coming out of one speaker anyway, on the Smethwick side. Big Grin
They'll play snores from the other parts of the ground...

Only joking.
(06-17-2020, 09:13 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Crowd noises all started in Australia for NRL and Aussie Rules on BT. BT explicitly stated they had not added the crowd noises it was coming from Fox the broadcaster. Having watched the NRL games, I must admit it did certainly make it better viewing experience however there were instances where there were lots of crowd noise but nothing happening on the pitch. I did like what the German broadcasters did for Bundesliga (playing catch upto Aussies surprisingly), they actually added that particular (home team specific) teams chats/songs - mixing in some of the away teams chats. Again BT stated it was not their doing. It did make for a better viewing experience IMO for the football as I've watched some "no noise" games and it sounds "empty".

Let's wait and see what Sky/BT do for crowd noises, and see if they get fancy like ze Germans.

Point raised concerning crowd noise at the Hawthorns, you'll only have it coming out of one speaker anyway, on the Smethwick side. Big Grin

if you look on the link I posted in the pinned thread, they are adding crowd noise as an option on sky with specific team chants, maybe just the prem but we will have to wait and see
(06-17-2020, 09:13 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Crowd noises all started in Australia for NRL and Aussie Rules on BT. BT explicitly stated they had not added the crowd noises it was coming from Fox the broadcaster. Having watched the NRL games, I must admit it did certainly make it better viewing experience however there were instances where there were lots of crowd noise but nothing happening on the pitch. I did like what the German broadcasters did for Bundesliga (playing catch upto Aussies surprisingly), they actually added that particular (home team specific) teams chats/songs - mixing in some of the away teams chats. Again BT stated it was not their doing. It did make for a better viewing experience IMO for the football as I've watched some "no noise" games and it sounds "empty".

That noise being the pointless and annoying drum.
la liga has gone a step further from what i have seen and added a cgi crowd which along with the crowd noise has made it much more watchable.
(06-17-2020, 10:32 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: la liga has gone a step further from what i have seen and added a cgi crowd which along with the crowd noise has made it much more watchable.

I agree, it doesn't hold up to scrutiny but it does stop eyes being drawn to empty seats and makes the crowd noise more realistic, I have quite enjoyed the la liga games so far
(06-17-2020, 10:21 AM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:

That noise being the pointless and annoying drum.

That. Is an understatement.
(06-17-2020, 10:10 AM)fbaggy Wrote:

if you look on the link I posted in the pinned thread, they are adding crowd noise as an option on sky with specific team chants, maybe just the prem but we will have to wait and see

Carragher is also going to be a "roving reporter" around the ground, lining up free kicks etc.

Just have to make sure he doesn't gob on anyone.
I have my drum ready and I'm going to be playing away on it all through the game, whilst humming suitable tunes.