Pubs & Clubs in Broad St.
IMO good nights out are measured by the company you keep. Not if they let you in with socks and sandals.
(06-16-2020, 07:04 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: IMO good nights out are measured by the company you keep. Not if they let you in with socks and sandals.

That’s why I hang out with other people who hate Broad St.
Brannigan's
Anyone what did they call the club at the rear of Mellows?
(06-16-2020, 06:50 AM)Duffers Wrote: Broad St was/still is fucking shite. Packed full of meatheads after a fight, terrible music and bullshit dress codes (anywhere you have to wear smart shoes to get into isn’t worth it).

Give me Snobs, the Sanctuary/Institute, Custard Factory or Subway City any time...

Subway was a shit hole.  Reminded me of a school disco with the false ceiling panels

Broad at I avoided like the plague apart from the upmarket bar / restaurant I mentioned above next to the Hyatt.

Now I hang around all the new bars with all the fit birds around colmore row / Waterloo st oh, and TATU
(06-16-2020, 07:16 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 06:50 AM)Duffers Wrote: Broad St was/still is fucking shite. Packed full of meatheads after a fight, terrible music and bullshit dress codes (anywhere you have to wear smart shoes to get into isn’t worth it).

Give me Snobs, the Sanctuary/Institute, Custard Factory or Subway City any time...

Subway was a shit hole.  Reminded me of a school disco with the false ceiling panels

Arf Big Grin

Broad at I avoided like the plague apart from the upmarket bar / restaurant I mentioned above next to the Hyatt.

Now I hang around all the new bars with all the fit birds around colmore row / Waterloo st oh, and TATU

Of course it was a shithole, they all were - that was half the fun. I grew up going to dark, dirty, sweaty pits with sticky floors that played indie and rock. Give me that over coked up meatheads, expensive drinks and shit trance any day.

Of course these days I’m too old for any of those shenanigans anyway.
(06-16-2020, 07:31 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Of course it was a shithole, they all were - that was half the fun. I grew up going to dark, dirty, sweaty pits with sticky floors that played indie and rock. Give me that over coked up meatheads, expensive drinks and shit trance any day.

I went to subway only a few times on Saturday evenings when it was trance in one room and house in the back room.  You know you are in a right shit hole when they have a paramedic walking around looking into semi conscious people’s eyes with a torch.
(06-16-2020, 07:33 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 07:31 AM)Duffers Wrote:

I went to subway only a few times on Saturday evenings when it was trance in one room and house in the back room.  You know you are in a right shit hole when they have a paramedic walking around looking into semi conscious people’s eyes with a torch.

Used to go every now and then on a Friday for the indie/rock night, think it was called Red Balloon. They had a “cafe” upstairs where you could buy poppers, chocolate bars and various other stimulai to keep the party going - it was a gay club 6 nights a week after all.
Broad St is crap, Duffers is right.

JQ, Digbeth or Moseley the places to drink around Birmingham.
The Bank