Worrying
That so many tested positive yet none had symptoms. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-53034924
(06-13-2020, 08:08 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: That so many tested positive yet none had symptoms. 

Nothing's going to stop the worry until a decent vaccine and/or effective antiviral treatment are rolled out.

Let's hope the thing mutates to be less potent. It's not in its own interest to kill itself off be destroying too many of its hosts. As Boris said, and it raised a snigger, this virus exists with the sole purpose to reproduce. How many kids has he got?  Big Grin

Has anyone on here done the antibody test yet? Or been tested and had it/got it? The only people I know who have had it are either people who work in the NHS, in care homes or residents of care homes.
(06-13-2020, 08:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 08:08 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: That so many tested positive yet none had symptoms. 

Nothing's going to stop the worry until a decent vaccine and/or effective antiviral treatment are rolled out.

Let's hope the thing mutates to be less potent. It's not in its own interest to kill itself off be destroying too many of its hosts. As Boris said, and it raised a snigger, this virus exists with the sole purpose to reproduce. How many kids has he got?  Big Grin

Has anyone on here done the antibody test yet? Or been tested and had it/got it? The only people I know who have had it are either people who work in the NHS, in care homes or residents of care homes.

I'll know very soon if I've got antibodies.
(06-13-2020, 08:36 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 08:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

I'll know very soon if I've got antibodies.

I hope you have. 

Let us know!
Will do. I'm waiting for the text/email with great anticipation!
(06-13-2020, 08:54 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Will do. I'm waiting for the text/email with great anticipation!

Would you feel relieved to have had it?
(06-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 08:54 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Will do. I'm waiting for the text/email with great anticipation!

Yes. I almost certainly have.
(06-13-2020, 08:56 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(06-13-2020, 08:55 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

Yes. I almost certainly have.

In which case I hope you've had it and have a degree of immunity and this brings you some peace.
To my simple mind it is good that 45 have no symptoms. Does this mean it is mutating and becoming less potent, as some scientists have suggested?
(06-13-2020, 09:02 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: To my simple mind it is good that 45 have no symptoms. Does this mean it is mutating and becoming less potent, as some scientists have suggested?

Again, like Boris, this thing's sole purpose is to reproduce. So killing its hosts which cannot transmit the virus would be counterproductive. I'm no expert but it seems logical although it does seem quite early in the pandemic for this to happen? Any experts out there - I'd love to hear their thoughts!