Operation CCA in full flow tonight
(05-29-2020, 09:57 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The signs are that after the last easing of lockdown, two weeks ago, the R rate has risen to just under 1 from being 0.6; and we know that the flow through of this virus takes at least 2 weeks which we haven't seen yet.

What signs are telling you that it will be alright?

(05-29-2020, 10:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:01 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I like to think of them as selfish xxxxx

Yes, you do. That's your authoritarian streak. I can't say it comes as much of a surprise to me.

Whilst you're here, any chance of your views on what signs are telling you it's ok to ease lockdown?
(05-29-2020, 10:25 AM)baggy1 Wrote: JOK
(05-29-2020, 09:57 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The signs are that after the last easing of lockdown, two weeks ago, the R rate has risen to just under 1 from being 0.6; and we know that the flow through of this virus takes at least 2 weeks which we haven't seen yet.

That’s a little disingenuous of you B1, thought better of you.

The R rate went down to BETWEEN 0.6 to 0.9. and has now risen to BETWEEN 0.7 to 1.0  again. Not quite as dramatic as your selective interpretation of the figures suggest. 

They have intimidated that, should the rate go above 1 then lockdown would be tightened again.

I recall it as being between 0.4 and 0.6 so not disingenuous at all. And why would you release the restrictions before you've seen what the last changes did, especially when it has already risen before the full picture is known.

And at the same time that hospital admissions have increased slightly
When you say “increased” do you mean fallen by 11% week on week?

https://www.nhsconfed.org/supporting-mem...velopments
(05-29-2020, 10:53 AM)JOK Wrote:

The R rate went down to BETWEEN 0.6 to 0.9. and has now risen to BETWEEN 0.7 to 1.0  again. Not quite as dramatic as your selective interpretation of the figures suggest. 

They have intimidated that, should the rate go above 1 then lockdown would be tightened again.

I recall it as being between 0.4 and 0.6 so not disingenuous at all. And why would you release the restrictions before you've seen what the last changes did, especially when it has already risen before the full picture is known.

We're only talking less than two weeks since the last relaxation, my point is we need to let that flow through before we release any more so no I don't mean fallen. The only reference to 11% on that page is one day to the next.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...27_May.pdf
(05-29-2020, 10:37 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:01 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I like to think of them as selfish xxxxx

Yes, you do. That's your authoritarian streak. I can't say it comes as much of a surprise to me.

I would call trying to balance other people’s needs against your own is both pragmatic and caring rather than authoritarian. Just doing what the fuck you want isn’t.
(05-29-2020, 12:14 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I would call trying to balance other people’s needs against your own is both pragmatic and caring rather than authoritarian. Just doing what the fuck you want isn’t.

I agree with you. You don't generally need badly drafted State diktat to enforce people to balance other people’s needs against your own though.

That's the difference between my outlook and yours. That literally makes you an authoritarian.
(05-28-2020, 04:59 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Release track and trace early before it's ready.

Release the lock down early when the scientific advisors are 'nervous about the fragile rate of R', just over a week since the last release of lockdown and before we've had time to see the results of that.

Refuse any answers on DC

Do anything to distract from the obvious.

Risking lives to protect DC - he must be very special

His middle name starts with an M.

This gives his last two initials as MC.

Does the M stand for monumental??
(05-29-2020, 11:04 AM)Pickle Rick Wrote: There is pressure to ease the lock down as per Europe but we are behind Europe from when the virus took off so we need to be cautious and hopefully these first steps are not too much. Also with 6 allowed to meet together now in England or 8 in Scotland, then the Lib Dem conference can go ahead.

pArp
(05-29-2020, 11:24 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 10:53 AM)JOK Wrote:

We're only talking less than two weeks since the last relaxation, my point is we need to let that flow through before we release any more so no I don't mean fallen. The only reference to 11% on that page is one day to the next.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...27_May.pdf

20th -27th May.  A fall in hospital admissions of 731 !