America's problems in black and white
(05-28-2020, 01:33 PM)Pneumann Wrote: Notwithstanding the background and ingrained racism in the USA, this woman is *clearly* deranged.
I'm pleased to say she's now an unemployed deranged woman, having held some swanky job until this.
In recent weeks I have been chatting to a few Americans on a message board.

They certainly are very split at the moment on politics especially Trump and it is not very hard to wind them up, even families are falling out over their views on him.

Not sure exactly what their civil war achieved and they are calling for another one!
(05-28-2020, 03:44 PM)coxy134 Wrote: In recent weeks I have been chatting to a few Americans on a message board.

They certainly are very split at the moment on politics especially Trump and it is not very hard to wind them up, even families are falling out over their views on him.

Not sure exactly what their civil war achieved and they are calling for another one!

Some of them have never really come to terms with having to give up their slaves. 

I really would have preferred to be able to say that in jest.
Very interesting and scary documentary called farenheit 11/9

Most interesting part which when I watched it a while ago was a little OTT was how Trump will do his best to shut down the media......

What has he threatened with Twitter?
(05-28-2020, 12:28 PM)col lard Wrote: I am FB friends with a lot of black people of Jamaican origin living in USA and this police brutality appears to be widespread and common. Americans appear nice and caring but scratch the surface and their attitudes and basic beliefs are terrible. Try and have a discussion about religion,health care,racial discrimination,policing or trades unions with yer average yank and it's like going back 100 years.
I’ve been to the states probably 5 times as an adult - over 5 months in total, big cities and the Bible Belt. This is very true.

The best yanks are the ones who stitch a Canadian flag on their rucksack.