How much do you miss the Albion
Albion Who?
(05-26-2020, 05:41 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: I wonder if this break will be like cold turkey? Let’s face it football is an addiction, maybe the break will end that addiction for some.

I did wonder if that was why the club have been putting up videos of old games etc on the OS to try and keep the interest going.  

After the last long break from going to watch football (the war) people didn’t have tv, most didn’t have cars and entertainment was limited to mainly the cinema, going out dancing and football.
(05-26-2020, 10:17 PM)aj21 Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:45 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 02:33 PM)wba13 Wrote: For me I just want football back at the Hawthorns. 
I know there are more important things going on at the moment but I must admit I cannot wait to get back to watching my beloved side. As soon as the chance arrives I will be renewing my season ticket. 
But until then please stay safe and obey the rules. 
 Just wonder how all you posters feel about missing Albion or any sport.

Looking at these responses I wonder how much risk, on top of everything else that has already happened, this extended enforced break for spectators represents for normal (non top-6 PL) football clubs.   From personal experience, albeit as a long-distance supporter, I know how much of a part habit can play in putting bums on seats.  From 70-83 I barely missed a home game as a kid and teenager going with family.   We wouldn't have thought about doing anything else.  83-91 my attendance was sporadic during University years in Liverpool, getting into rugby league whilst oop North, and us being unspeakably shite, particularly at 100 miles distance.   I probably did 6 home games a season and some Northern away games in that era.  Dropping to Div 3 brought out the superfan in me and did 2 years, plus that awful 1st one back in Div 2, as a STH.  Became a Dad in 94 and #1 son got the RL bug and #2 son (we're in Yorkshire by now) decided to support Champions League semi-finalists Leeds Utd (arf).  My attendance dropped like a stone-unbelievably I think I went about 3-4 years without going to a home game.  Fast forward to 2010-#3 son decides he's going to be a Baggie, and I'm back at the Shrine week in week out and bugger the distance.    I'm going round the houses but my point is football clubs rely on habit and continuity, and I wonder how many habits are going to be broken if this goes on for too long.

You still up north? Maybe if all the games are on tele northern baggies could meet in a pub (hand over face emoji)

I am mate, I've been in Mrs HWB's home town of Dewsbury since 1990.  Would be great to meet as you suggest, if HMG ever lets us out that is.
Live the n sheffield match days are a mix of TV , Radio and trips to games with my eldest (apox 10) . The Each time I pass the Wednesday match tickets It’s like pressing a bruise.
Not in the slightest at the moment but when the weather gets bad and the nights are longer I'll miss it, similar to queuing for the supermarket everybody is ok while the sun is shining but when it's raining it'll be a different matter.