Kenny sansom
Is fighting for his life after being beat up.
It does surprise me that they think booze was involved.

Hopefully he will pull through.
Sad news. Not a patch on Detek Statham but Sansom was a very good player. Hope he pulls through.
"Statham, England, Statham, England".

get well soon Kenny.
Chris Kamara was just saying on Sky that he played at Stoke alongside a Derek Statham who would have won 100 England caps if Samson had not been around. He was a brilliant left back but unfortunate that there was someone better. 

Utter tripe. 

Samson established himself in the England team because he was a very good player but happened to play for Palace and Arsenal whereas Statham played for a Midlands club. Samson was good. Statham was better.
Albionmad i couldnt have put it better myself.statham was the better player.i jave lots of autographs from that era from when i used to watch them train on halfords lane.cyrille laurie etc.im sure stathams is in the book somewhere.
Samsom was a very good left back. Statham was an outstanding player though and a level above. One won 80 caps. The other just a handful
(05-16-2020, 05:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Samsom was a very good left back. Statham was an outstanding player though and a level above. One won 80 caps. The other just a handful

8 I think. I bet he wishes he was right footed.
(05-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 05:05 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Samsom was a very good left back. Statham was an outstanding player though and a level above. One won 80 caps. The other just a handful

Yes. Although IIRC, Phil Neal was England's right back and nothing special. Batson or  John Gidman both would have been worth a shout.
(05-16-2020, 05:21 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Albionmad Wrote:

Yes. Although IIRC, Phil Neal was England's right back and nothing special. Batson or  John Gidman both would have been worth a shout.

I always thought Kenny Swain was also a better full-back than Phil Neal.