Testing Testing Testing
Genuine question are we planning to do nationwide community testing? I ask as we seem to be slowly opening the country back up without this in operation.
Bump from that last page
just seen skys footage of people getting of a packed bus in london.

no way we should have eased lockdown without a full test track and trace system in place.

if reports are true only 10% in london have had it and 4% in the rest of the country.

our testing capabilities are not anywhere near where they should be by now
Are people taking up the maximum testing slots?
(05-13-2020, 02:36 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Are people taking up the maximum testing slots?

We don't know. What we do know is not enough capacity has been built up to issue random tests to cover enough of the population to build a reliable sample for contact tracing, and given that we had to send over tests to other countries to get results not too long ago that hints at us not having enough capacity to reliably and consistently cover the tests we're doing.
I got one fairly easy so did my co worker I really think people are not bothering to get one either.
(05-13-2020, 02:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I got one fairly  easy  so did my co worker I really think people are not bothering to get one either.

The government has published the criteria required to get a test, that shows that you're only guaranteed a test if you work in social care. Only a small subset of the population covers the rest of the criteria and given that you need to be showing a certain level of symptoms as well and a lot of people who contract it are asymptomatic that kind of shows it's not as easy.
(05-13-2020, 09:07 AM)foreveralbion Wrote: just seen skys footage of people getting of a packed bus in london.

no way we should have eased lockdown without a full test track and trace system in place.

if reports are true only 10% in london have had it and 4% in the rest of the country.

our testing capabilities are not anywhere near where they should be by now

I agree. One positive (Radio 4's stats prog 9AM today), may be that the R rate in London is way lower than the rest of the country.
(05-13-2020, 03:01 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 02:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: I got one fairly  easy  so did my co worker I really think people are not bothering to get one either.

The government has published the criteria required to get a test, that shows that you're only guaranteed a test if you work in social care. Only a small subset of the population covers the rest of the criteria and given that you need to be showing a certain level of symptoms as well and a lot of people who contract it are asymptomatic that kind of shows it's not as easy.

That's right BB, tests aren't available to just anyone. There should be much wider availability of tests, coupled with a proper analysis of the results so we know where we are with this whole thing. But we have a government that doesn't know where it is with anything.
When you book it you dont have to show any proof online just press a criteria and there you go .