PL teams want to play on previoisly defined grounds, not neutral
This might just play into our hands.

We've been through the pain of thinning our squad (admittedly we have parachutes to support us), but there will be many in The Prem next season with bloated squads, overpaid players seeing out their contracts etc, which will mean they may be uncompetitive.

We just have to spend our cash wisely. easier said than done, though.
(05-12-2020, 11:10 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: This might just play into our hands.

We've been through the pain of thinning our squad (admittedly we have parachutes to support us), but there will be many in The Prem next season with bloated squads, overpaid players seeing out their contracts etc, which will mean they may be uncompetitive.

There are going to be some bargains out there for those in a position to spend. If things go our way, we could be one of those in a good position.

At the top end of the Championship, I don't think there's any issue with stopping the season now and PPG, but I'm not sure what those at the bottom of the table think.

The noises have been consistent that the Championship teams want to play, but I still don't see how feasible it is.
(05-12-2020, 01:56 PM)Squid Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 11:10 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: This might just play into our hands.

There are going to be some bargains out there for those in a position to spend. If things go our way, we could be one of those in a good position.

At the top end of the Championship, I don't think there's any issue with stopping the season now and PPG, but I'm not sure what those at the bottom of the table think.

The noises have been consistent that the Championship teams want to play, but I still don't see how feasible it is.

Why not? Starting 2nd week in June, 9 games in 5 weeks. Season finished by mid July. Simples.
(05-12-2020, 02:08 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 11:10 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: This might just play into our hands.

Why not? Starting 2nd week in June, 9 games in 5 weeks. Season finished by mid July. Simples.

Why would we vote to jeopardise our promotion??
I think we should have a promotion party on zoom .
(05-12-2020, 02:14 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 02:08 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Why would we vote to jeopardise our promotion??

Correct 100% we should be doing everything to ensure our promotion and the Seals relegation.
If that equals no more games, great lets get the open top bus ready.
(05-12-2020, 07:15 AM)Duffers Wrote: The EFL is done IMO. At best you’ll get playoffs behind closed doors.

Certainly seems like no more football this season in Leagues 1 and 2 with final placings based on PPG
(05-12-2020, 02:33 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 07:15 AM)Duffers Wrote: The EFL is done IMO. At best you’ll get playoffs behind closed doors.

Certainly seems like no more football this season in Leagues 1 and 2 with final placings based on PPG

I will accept that in our league , just image if the games are played and we royally fuck it up and even lose put inthe playoffs , worse still they play the the prems  remaining fixtures and those scummy bastards down the road stay up .

The PL having a whinge that the championship should complete all the games if the PL has to, otherwise promotion and relegation isn’t fair.  I wonder which teams came up with that thought???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...ailed.html
(05-13-2020, 07:18 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

The PL having a whinge that the championship should complete all the games if the PL has to, otherwise promotion and relegation isn’t fair.  I wonder which teams came up with that thought???

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba...ailed.html

Difference is we don’t have Sky breathing down our necks. Finishing the PL means ten games per round, finishing the entire football league would be 46. Becomes much tougher logistically.