So I can play basketball....
in a sweaty enclosed area with several other people. However I can't arrange to see both my parents in the open air at the same time?  Huh
Can you? I thought you can only play sport with family members you live with.
Even if I can only play basketball with people I live with, the facility will have been used by others before us.
Why restrict meeting outdoors to one person? Surely grandparents want to see their grandchildren together even if they have to stay 2m apart.
(05-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Can you? I thought you can only play sport with family members you live with.

Sports such as Golf and Tennis it is allowable to play with 1 person not from your household:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...nd-cant-do

• use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart

So playing Basketball with one other person would be within the rules, but not a whole team of strangers.
What I understood from Boris yesterday, is that it’s ok for me to play with myself. Big Grin
(05-11-2020, 06:13 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Even if I can only play basketball with people I live with, the facility will have been used by others before us.
Why restrict meeting outdoors to one person? Surely grandparents want to see their grandchildren together even if they have to stay 2m apart.

I want to meet  susanna Reid closer than 2 mtrs  but rules are rules you cant always have what you want 
.......me me me
(05-11-2020, 08:07 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: What I understood from Boris yesterday, is that it’s ok for me to play with myself.  Big Grin

How on earth have you got through the last 7 weeks!
(05-11-2020, 07:22 PM)TadleyBaggie Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 05:21 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Can you? I thought you can only play sport with family members you live with.

Sports such as Golf and Tennis it is allowable to play with 1 person not from your household:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...nd-cant-do

• use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course – with members of your household, or one other person while staying 2 metres apart

So playing Basketball with one other person would be within the rules, but not a whole team of strangers.

So definitely not in a "sweaty enclosed area, with several other people", as the OP suggests then?   Rolleyes

#fakenews