Most optimisic scenario yet
https://www.theguardian.com/football/202...-west-brom

And, not clickbait.
Nice share and hope so mon

The elephant in the room is the fugging PLs reluctance to increase its members from 20.
Premier league rules will need a change. It clearly demands it be a league of 20 teams
(05-01-2020, 11:45 AM)MancBaggie Wrote: Nice share and hope so mon

The elephant in the room is the fugging PLs reluctance to increase its members from 20.

The shrink to 18 comment is ridiculous IMO. But again that's the PL pandering to the big boys.

I think they have a totally different type of pressure to finish the season. If La Liga and Bundesliga follow their intentions, as number 2 and 3 leagues globally, it puts the prem under huge strain to do everything it can to maintain its status as number 1 globally. Concluding the season will be essential.

Suddenly, the dream scenario of us promoted from the couch while we watch Villa sink in front of empty stadiums isnt quite so far fetched.
I think this is the best solution all round.

L1 and below don’t have the financial pressures and there’s not huge ramifications on promotion/relegation at those levels.

Championship again will struggle to get interest for TV subs...

PL has the ability to complete 100ish games.

I’d imagine increasing the size to 22 would mean everyone gets a slightly smaller cut of the tv money. 

Not an easy sell.
I think the scenario of just playing play offs is also a sensible halfway house. It will gain huge exposure for much more minimal risk and logistical challenges. It also basically kills off whingeing from those placed 3rd-6th.
(05-01-2020, 12:09 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I think the scenario of just playing play offs is also a sensible halfway house. It will gain huge exposure for much more minimal risk and logistical challenges. It also basically kills off whingeing from those placed 3rd-6th.

Yup, and if the PL is returning on TV, relegation has to be part of the outcome otherwise there’s nothing other than the champs league places to be decided... So it’ll be a complete damp squib with 80% of games meaningless.
(05-01-2020, 12:09 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I think the scenario of just playing play offs is also a sensible halfway house. It will gain huge exposure for much more minimal risk and logistical challenges. It also basically kills off whingeing from those placed 3rd-6th.

What about teams just below those places? They'll have as much right to complain. It's a rock and hard place situation all round