Shaping up nicely - just two things
(07-27-2019, 10:48 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Managers do not do scouting for us. They may suggest targets but that is it. Moore had more control last season due to the chaos, this season Bilic will be restricted to suggestions and then choosing between certain targets and signing them off.

Why don't fans get how modern football works? Managers very, very rarely manage scouting and transfer targeting any more.

I didn't say Bilic manages and transfer targetting Birdy, I know how it works. 

I was merely saying that I would expect him to pull  2 or 3 out of the hat.  If Krov is all we can afford or available so be it.
The Croatian who Birmingham signed looks the real deal Hopalong
I’m not sure why just because Bilic is Croatian he should have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all European football and be able to produce wonderkids out of nowhere.
(07-27-2019, 01:43 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: The Croatian who Birmingham signed looks the real deal Hopalong

So basicly he looks the real deal & you have such a great knowledge of him, you don't even know his name. FFS
(07-27-2019, 10:45 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 10:17 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Well last night was impressive when you consider so many disruptive factors; new players making their home debuts, together with a few 'kids'; and two line-ups that have never played together before and never will again. 

This time last season we had lost our Prem status and consequently some of our offensive tools - Rondon, Chadli and McClean  (yes, i know re the latter two!). 

Then hope springs eternal; we sign Gayle and the unknown Barnes who turned out to be a revelation. 

We are now in pretty much the same boat albeit weakened further still by J Rod's departure. Imperative therefore that we get two potent offensive players in before Millwall. 

Defensively we look sound and dare I say it a bit more fluid and mobile in midfield especially with the addition of Krovinovic - what an absolutely wonderful signing.   But this brings me on to my 2nd point and which at the moment is a bit baffling. 

Bilic has had two years out of the game and if Krov turns out to be the sum total of his scouting and recruitment for us then that's simply not good enough. 

There is still time......come on Slaven....over to you

We do have a recruitment team of 12 people headed by Dowling and Pearce - our signings have all come at good prices tbf , but they have failed to deliver us any unknowns, so we're waiting for Slav to identify come up with some new talent. That's a little unfair, but if it works so be it.

Had anyone else seriously heard of Krovinovic before we signed him? I certainly hadn't. And it's a bit of a coincidence he's an U23 Croatian Iternational.

100% that was Slav walking straight through the door and getting a call from a Croatian scout/aquantaince who tipped him off. Had to be.

There will be more I'm convinced of it.
(07-27-2019, 01:48 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’m not sure why just because Bilic is Croatian he should have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all European football and be able to produce wonderkids out of nowhere.

Although being involved with The Croatian national team for 6 years gives him a start on most..... Big Grin
(07-27-2019, 04:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 01:48 PM)Duffers Wrote: I’m not sure why just because Bilic is Croatian he should have an encyclopaedic knowledge of all European football and be able to produce wonderkids out of nowhere.

Although being involved with The Croatian national team for 6 years gives him a start on most..... Big Grin

He stopped being involved with them seven years ago.
(07-27-2019, 04:39 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:30 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

He stopped being involved with them seven years ago.

Should be able to find some decent 25 year olds then
(07-27-2019, 12:00 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 11:43 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 10:22 AM)Dumbo Wrote: What are you waffling on about man?

never has a moniker been so appropriate.

What waffle?  Please enlighten me.

To be honest, any part of any one of your posts.
Well go on enlighten me.

Who said that?

(07-27-2019, 01:43 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: The Croatian who Birmingham signed looks the real deal Hopalong

7.2m on a defensive midfielder when you haven't a pot to p in?  Mmmmmm

(07-27-2019, 03:03 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 10:45 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 10:17 AM)Hopalong Wrote: Well last night was impressive when you consider so many disruptive factors; new players making their home debuts, together with a few 'kids'; and two line-ups that have never played together before and never will again. 

This time last season we had lost our Prem status and consequently some of our offensive tools - Rondon, Chadli and McClean  (yes, i know re the latter two!). 

Then hope springs eternal; we sign Gayle and the unknown Barnes who turned out to be a revelation. 

We are now in pretty much the same boat albeit weakened further still by J Rod's departure. Imperative therefore that we get two potent offensive players in before Millwall. 

Defensively we look sound and dare I say it a bit more fluid and mobile in midfield especially with the addition of Krovinovic - what an absolutely wonderful signing.   But this brings me on to my 2nd point and which at the moment is a bit baffling. 

Bilic has had two years out of the game and if Krov turns out to be the sum total of his scouting and recruitment for us then that's simply not good enough. 

There is still time......come on Slaven....over to you

We do have a recruitment team of 12 people headed by Dowling and Pearce - our signings have all come at good prices tbf , but they have failed to deliver us any unknowns, so we're waiting for Slav to identify come up with some new talent. That's a little unfair, but if it works so be it.

Had anyone else seriously heard of Krovinovic before we signed him? I certainly hadn't. And it's a bit of a coincidence he's an U23 Croatian Iternational.

100% that was Slav walking straight through the door and getting a call from a Croatian scout/aquantaince who tipped him off. Had to be.

There will be more I'm convinced of it.

That's all I'm hoping!