This England v Ireland test match
(07-24-2019, 03:27 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Picking a combination of all rounders time and time again and you'll get found out more often than not in test cricket. We're four batsmen short of a decent test side.

Spot on.
I find myself saying this every time. We are never "ready" for the first Test Match in any series. Clever to get this out of the way against Ireland. There's something fundamentally lacking in the management of Bayliss and Root (and Cook before him), so we just can't get the players' attitudes right for the 5 day game. Once they're stung by a bit of abuse from the press and public, they get going.
Agree with Malc, what's the point of this at Lords and the point of us constantly playing there. It's a carp wicket, our home, and can't even play on it!
My favourite thing about today was that Jack Leach, the unlikely batting hero, struck a four then asked the umpire if he wouldn't mind cleaning his glasses for him. Shortly afterwards, the "real" batsman Rory Burns was out. You couldn't make it up.
I’ve mentioned him before and I’ll say it again Moeen Ali can’t bat. I’m pretty certain he thinks it’s just there for him to lean on. My 4 year old girl would score more than him with a stick of rhubarb as a bat.
(07-25-2019, 08:29 PM)Lightnin Wrote: I’ve mentioned him before and I’ll say it again Moeen Ali can’t bat. I’m pretty certain he thinks it’s just there for him to lean on. My 4 year old girl would score more than him with a stick of rhubarb as a bat.

You are Boycs and I claim £5

England narrow favourites from here. Anything over 200 will be a big ask for Ireland
Ireland currently 24-6. Chris Woakes is bowling some absolute jaffa's here.

We are the best Test side in the world, now.
Clarnet v2.0
(07-24-2019, 12:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Stupid to bat first on an obviously green seaming pitch.

Mmmmm....
(07-26-2019, 12:28 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Ireland currently 24-6. Chris Woakes is bowling some absolute jaffa's here.

We are the best Test side in the world, now.

I earlier predicted the paddies wouldn't get 100 in 2nd innings, I might have been over optimistic at this rate.
(07-26-2019, 12:29 PM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote:
(07-24-2019, 12:01 PM)Albionmad Wrote: Stupid to bat first on an obviously green seaming pitch.

Mmmmm....

We'd have won by an innings if Ireland had batted first