Bilic concerns
(07-15-2019, 09:31 AM)cosmicted Wrote: Two weeks to go and Rndon still here if he leaves on the last day then we're  stuffed in getting a replacement if we are relying on his money coming in that is. We could loan of course but that's not the point............!
The right Manager with the wrong squad at the moment.
If we are looking at cheap players  we should of gone with the Cowley's.
I still think we'll struggle this season if we'd gone either way anyhow.
WBA please prove me wrong..................!

The Rondon money won’t make or break our summer.

We’ve already raised over £25m in sales, plus we’ve massively culled our wage bill, so there is money available with or wirhout him.

As a club we have to be prepared to let Rondon go for nothing next summer if the offers we receive between now and August won’t be enough to bring in an adequate replacement.
Happy clapper here I will never worry about Albion we will be ok with Bilic in charge, things will start to change this week I believe. Any how worse things happen at sea.
It wouldn't surprise me if Bilic is gone before the season starts.
(07-15-2019, 10:17 AM)Hopalong Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if Bilic is gone before the season starts.

I think his message is a shot across the bows.

Worrying.
Wim doooooooomed, same old Albion
(07-15-2019, 10:20 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:17 AM)Hopalong Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me if Bilic is gone before the season starts.

Worrying.

Sheff Wed going to be looking for a manager soon.

It's too soon to panic and Bilić is known as a straight talker. We'll just have to see what this week brings. If we could get Maupay across the line, that would be a major boost.
(07-15-2019, 10:25 AM)Squid Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:20 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Worrying.

It's too soon to panic and Bilić is known as a straight talker. We'll just have to see what this week brings. If we could get Maupay across the line, that would be a major boost.

I think the most concerning thing about this is that we've known for 12 months that we'll need to replace both JRod and Gayle, as they were always going to be unaffordable this season, and we'll have known what fees we'd be likely to receive for both Rondon and JRod so nothing will have been a surprise. 

Dowling and co. will have known we have to find players looking for £20-30k/wk, and with about £15m in funds available...  for us to seemingly not have a clue who we want is amateurish at best.

Definitely sounds like a warning shot from someone who's not totally on board with what's going on.

I'm not suggesting by any means that Stoke will have a great season, or that we'll finish above you. All sorts of things can happen along the way and there's still a month left before the window closes FFS. But if you look at our preparation whereby we had a manager in place identifying targets months ago and we've brought in 7 players already, I can understand Bilic's concern that things aren't moving.

Again, this isn't a 'we're better than yow' post - I'm really not into that, and hopefully my posting history would show that. Just pointing out where your preparation is a bit behind some others, largely I think through the time it took to get in a new manager.
(07-15-2019, 10:29 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Worrying.

I think the most concerning thing about this is that we've known for 12 months that we'll need to replace both JRod and Gayle, as they were always going to be unaffordable this season, and we'll have known what fees we'd be likely to receive for both Rondon and JRod so nothing will have been a surprise. 

Dowling and co. will have known we have to find players looking for £20-30k/wk, and with about £15m in funds available...  for us to seemingly not have a clue who we want is amateurish at best.

We're about to be beaten by Wigan for Jamal Lowe, who's going for £3million.
(07-15-2019, 10:34 AM)Squid Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 10:29 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Worrying.

We're about to be beaten by Wigan for Jamal Lowe, who's going for £3million.
If thats true I give up.
Ive seen enough of him admittedly on TV as I live on the south coast still think he's worth a punt.