JRod to Burnley
(07-08-2019, 01:42 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 12:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Worra load of shite that he’s easily replaced!

Agreed.
That’s a lot of goals to replace and can’t believe how many think it will be so simple ! With our Board and Director of Football? Really ?

My main concern is with so many to bring in the continuity pre season will be all over the place. A lot of these players will arrive late into pre season so getting them all to settle in and gel will be very difficult.

I can see us having a slow start and maybe finishing stronger next season as the team starts to click.
(07-08-2019, 01:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: No issue. We have HRK up front to fall over a lot and score us max 5 goals next season. Just another 45 to find with Gayle and J Rod gone.

(07-08-2019, 12:54 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 12:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Worra load of shite that he’s easily replaced!

I don't think anyone is saying that he will easily be replaced, just that it should be possible.

Cast your mind back to when we lost the services of Kamara, Koumas, Hartson and Ellington one summer. They were the scorers of around 50 goals the previous season and yet we managed to adequately replace them, the following season we scored as many goals and gain promotion to boot.

Big difference. We kept our best striker (SKP) though for the following season. HRK is no SKP

That's a fair point - although from memory Kamara outscored Phillips.

But nevertheless the players who I listed as leaving did score around 50 goals the season before and we replaced those goals. Miller and Bedmar went along way to replacing those goals.

It should not be beyond the capabilities of our recruitment team to bring in players of the calibre of those two.
(07-08-2019, 02:23 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 01:26 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: No issue. We have HRK up front to fall over a lot and score us max 5 goals next season. Just another 45 to find with Gayle and J Rod gone.

I don't think anyone is saying that he will easily be replaced, just that it should be possible.

Cast your mind back to when we lost the services of Kamara, Koumas, Hartson and Ellington one summer. They were the scorers of around 50 goals the previous season and yet we managed to adequately replace them, the following season we scored as many goals and gain promotion to boot.

Big difference. We kept our best striker (SKP) though for the following season. HRK is no SKP

But nevertheless the players who I listed as leaving did score around 50 goals the season before and we replaced those goals. Miller and Bedmar went along way to replacing those goals.

It should not be beyond the capabilities of our recruitment team to bring in players of the calibre of those two.

Just cos we found a tenner in the rain doesn't mean we'll find tenners every time it rains (unfortunately).
HRK isn't a striker. We've been pretending we didn't just get an ex-Reading winger for free and stuck him up front to fill a gap. Meanwhile our fans give him shit for not scoring enough.

Once JRod goes we will have no strikers at the club.

Zero.
Reading this thread makes me realise that no good player ever left the Albion. They were all crap, and easily replaced. That's why we are such a successful Premier League team these days.

Seriously though, I'm gobsmacked that anyone can express a negative view about JRod. He's played pretty much every week, filled in wherever he's been asked by a profusion of different coaches, and scored a lot of goals. We'll miss him.
(07-08-2019, 02:43 PM)Pneumann Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 02:23 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

Just cos we found a tenner in the rain doesn't mean we'll find tenners every time it rains (unfortunately).

At some stage we are going to have to find a tenner, Rodriguez can't play on forever. 

No one is suggesting that recruiting good players is ever easy, but for a club to progress it does have to happen.
So we want attractive football.
Technically gifted players
Young players with resale value
Not many loans
Nice hair (according to the style council on here)
Nice trainers

Hmm I think a lot of fans are going to be disappointed.
(07-08-2019, 01:58 PM)Statto Wrote: We'll realise how good J-Rod was this season. He'll be sorely missed.

Harvey Barnes wouldn't have looked nearly as impressive without J-Rod's intelligent movement to create the spaces.

Massive +1

Said it all last season when the armchair warriors couldn't see everything he did on their tv screen. However, given his age and salary I can understand that there would have been a temptation to sell him even without the release clause. A big loss whatever way we look at it though.

Some of the comments on here are fucking mental with the one further back saying we can replace JRod with the likes of Fraser Campbell and Forestieri  Big Grin Big Grin 

Missed this place...
(07-08-2019, 04:36 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 01:58 PM)Statto Wrote: We'll realise how good J-Rod was this season. He'll be sorely missed.

Harvey Barnes wouldn't have looked nearly as impressive without J-Rod's intelligent movement to create the spaces.

Massive +1

Said it all last season when the armchair warriors couldn't see everything he did on their tv screen. However, given his age and salary I can understand that there would have been a temptation to sell him even without the release clause. A big loss whatever way we look at it though.

Some of the comments on here are fucking mental with the one further back saying we can replace JRod with the likes of Fraser Campbell and Forestieri  Big Grin Big Grin 

Missed this place...

Spot on. Anyone who doesn't see what JRod brings to the team doesn't  understand football.
So the money is good?  Only if he is adequately replaced.  Currently we've lost 45 goals, plus Harvey Barnes' efforts. Shipping out this sort of quality is not good whichever way it is dressed up and explained to us.
I would like to see some statement of intent from the club rather than the usual poverty pleading.
Rumour has it we’ve had a 4mill bid turned down for the blues striker