Rondon to west Ham? Today’s guardian
Meanwhile West Ham are pondering whether to step up their interest in Salomón Rondón after having an opening bid of £10m for the West Bromwich Albion striker rejected.
Rondón had an impressive year on loan at Newcastle United last season, scoring 11 goals, and Rafael Benítez was determined to sign him again on a permanent deal. However Manuel Pellegrini is an admirer of the Venezuelan after working with him at Málaga and he hopes to use the news that Benítez is set to leave Newcastle to his advantage.
Pellegrini wants a new striker after releasing Andy Carroll on a free transfer and selling Lucas Pérez to Alavés. West Ham have had a £25m bid for Celta Vigo’s Maxi Gomez turned down and fear missing out on the Uruguayan to Valencia, who can offer the striker Champions League football.
The London club will move for both Gomez and Róndon if they can sell Javier Hernández, who earns £140,000 a week.
A deal for Rondon, whose contract contains a £16.5m release clause, could be easier to pull off given that West Brom, who have just appointed the former West Ham manager Slaven Bilic, missed out on promotion to the Premier League last season.

(06-26-2019, 06:53 AM)Idiodyssey Wrote: Meanwhile West Ham are pondering whether to step up their interest in Salomón Rondón after having an opening bid of £10m for the West Bromwich Albion striker rejected.
Rondón had an impressive year on loan at Newcastle United last season, scoring 11 goals, and Rafael Benítez was determined to sign him again on a permanent deal. However Manuel Pellegrini is an admirer of the Venezuelan after working with him at Málaga and he hopes to use the news that Benítez is set to leave Newcastle to his advantage.
Pellegrini wants a new striker after releasing Andy Carroll on a free transfer and selling Lucas Pérez to Alavés. West Ham have had a £25m bid for Celta Vigo’s Maxi Gomez turned down and fear missing out on the Uruguayan to Valencia, who can offer the striker Champions League football.
The London club will move for both Gomez and Róndon if they can sell Javier Hernández, who earns £140,000 a week.
A deal for Rondon, whose contract contains a £16.5m release clause, could be easier to pull off given that West Brom, who have just appointed the former West Ham manager Slaven Bilic, missed out on promotion to the Premier League last season.
The west Midland club’s technical director, Luke Dowling, has said Rondon, who has also been linked with Wolves, will leave this summer. “We’re quite happy to say that we will sell Salomón,” he said. “We don’t want a player that’s had a season like that staying around with us and walking away on a Bosman.”

However West Brom do not want to lose the 30-year-old on the cheap and West Ham, who also offered to send Sam Byram and Jordan Hugill to the Hawthorns, must decide whether to return with a higher bid. It is thought that Bilic is not interested in taking Hugill.
Is it just me or does Byram +Hugill+£10m not sound like a good bit of business?

Sounds like a cracking deal to me.
(06-26-2019, 07:54 AM)Peachy Wrote: Is it just me or does Byram +Hugill+£10m not sound like a good bit of business?

Hugill's not good enough for us IMO. He's a lower level Championship striker.
(06-26-2019, 08:46 AM)Atomic Wrote:
(06-26-2019, 07:54 AM)Peachy Wrote: Is it just me or does Byram +Hugill+£10m not sound like a good bit of business?

Hugill's not good enough for us IMO. He's a lower level Championship striker.

Correct, this

I’d take Byron though

Cuzer
For me it’s Byron, Oxford and 6 mill that will do for starters.
Who wouldn’t take a Byron Burger?
#SuperByron
I think Bilic signed Byron for West Ham so that's a bonus. I would take him but Hugill is a nope.
I would prefer cash. £16.5m please. It would allow us to reinvest some funds.
Is Huggil the fool who did that crap dive for Boro last season?