BBC website favouring Women's Football?
People are told they can't comment on issues that affect minorities or women only when their opinion is against the mainstream. I would never be so self centered to suggest that a woman couldn't make comment on things where men are the subject, and ultimately everything has a knock on effect anyway. There's nothing offensive about suggesting paying women's football teams and men's football teams the same is ridiculous and impractical given the disparity in how much revenue they bring in to the sport for example. If this was to happen then we have to ask where the money would come from, would this mean that the mens teams have their pay reduced? Would this result in women's football teams going out of business if we increase the wages of those players to such a high level, likewise what would be the implications of lowering the male salaries, technically how would it all work?

The idea that we're not even allowed to have a discussion about these things just because the subjects of the discussion have different genitalia is insane.
(06-14-2019, 11:40 AM)Sliced Wrote: People are told they can't comment on issues that affect minorities or women only when their opinion is against the mainstream. I would never be so self centered to suggest that a woman couldn't make comment on things where men are the subject, and ultimately everything has a knock on effect anyway. There's nothing offensive about suggesting paying women's football teams and men's football teams the same is ridiculous and impractical given the disparity in how much revenue they bring in to the sport for example. If this was to happen then we have to ask where the money would come from, would this mean that the mens teams have their pay reduced? Would this result in women's football teams going out of business if we increase the wages of those players to such a high level, likewise what would be the implications of lowering the male salaries, technically how would it all work?

The idea that we're not even allowed to have a discussion about these things just because the subjects of the discussion have different genitalia is insane.

Spot on. But as soon as anyone disagrees with the current agenda, they get labelled as precious or threatened or other such silly things. Whereas some of us just think it’s shit biased journalism from the bbc. Simple as that. But it seems some people can’t handle that opinion and have to resort to silly stereotypes.
(06-14-2019, 11:40 AM)Sliced Wrote: People are told they can't comment on issues that affect minorities or women only when their opinion is against the mainstream. I would never be so self centered to suggest that a woman couldn't make comment on things where men are the subject, and ultimately everything has a knock on effect anyway. There's nothing offensive about suggesting paying women's football teams and men's football teams the same is ridiculous and impractical given the disparity in how much revenue they bring in to the sport for example. If this was to happen then we have to ask where the money would come from, would this mean that the mens teams have their pay reduced? Would this result in women's football teams going out of business if we increase the wages of those players to such a high level, likewise what would be the implications of lowering the male salaries, technically how would it all work?

I’m not going to trawl back through the thread but has anyone said anything about equal pay between men and women footballers? 

No one has said you can’t comment but if you don’t have direct experience your opinion will carry less weight. Saying that is self centred makes no sense.  

I imagine when Jesus was saying never judge a person pfft probably a man unless you’ve walked a mile in their shoes (or summat like that) a heckler shouted you self centred beep!
(06-13-2019, 08:28 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 08:04 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 06:37 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 06:09 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: And there we have it, anyone who thinks there's a disproportionate amount of womens sport reported on the BBC get labelled as things like "precious men"....

Nothing precious in the slightest, some of us just think its disproportionate pc nonsense driven by the bbc's agenda. I'm not on about the WC as such, I get why that is being reported heavily, but the amount of feminist slanted articles on there in general above far more popular sports is barmy.

But then anyone who has that view is labelled sexist etc etc. And people wonder why society becomes even more divided on all sorts of issues.

There isn't a disproportionate amount of womens sport reported on the BBC website as the original post (and you suggest).

BBC SPORT HOME PAGE LIVE

Football-women
Golf-men
Cycling-men
Cricket-women
Football-men
Football-women
Football-women
Netball-women
Cycling-men
F1-men
Cricket-men
Rugby-men

How is that disproportionate to showing more womens sport??

Yes, you are precious. 

Bet you don't, cook, clean, wash or iron as you're a big strong bread winning man!

Given many of the women’s sports stories have a very small readership due to lack of interest from the public, it is disproportionate. As I’ve said the present time is the WC so I understand the coverage of that.

I think you’ve got to be blind not to see the feminist agenda on there to be honest. It’s not so much the coverage of the sport itself, it’s the number of feminist slanted articles that’s so disproportionate.

Thanks for proving my point about the assumptions of my life though due to my view on this. Incidentally I don’t live with my Mrs so I cook, clean, wash etc all the time. And I’m not big and strong, But I got to laugh at the stereotypes.

There you go, “I think” that’s your opinion, like arseholes, everyone has 1. 
You just don’t need to get so bothered about everything.

Everyone has an opinion, but if you dont agree with it you label them with predictable stereotypes. I dont try to guess what your life is like from your opinion, but you do. You dont need to get so bothered about my opinion to call me precious and throw stereotypes at me, but you did.....

I just think it’s shit journalism, don’t get so bothered about my opinion ay?  Rolleyes
(06-14-2019, 12:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I’m not going to trawl back through the thread but has anyone said anything about equal pay between men and women footballers? 

No one has said you can’t comment but if you don’t have direct experience your opinion will carry less weight. Saying that is self centred makes no sense.  

I imagine when Jesus was saying never judge a person pfft probably a man unless you’ve walked a mile in their shoes (or summat like that) a heckler shouted you self centred beep!

It was an example to illustrate that anyone should be able to comment. 

To continue with that example for a moment, who's more qualified to comment on women's football, women or footballers?
(06-14-2019, 11:58 AM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

Spot on. But as soon as anyone disagrees with the current agenda, they get labelled as precious or threatened or other such silly things. Whereas some of us just think it’s shit biased journalism from the bbc. Simple as that. But it seems some people can’t handle that opinion and have to resort to silly stereotypes.

Yeah boo... giving women’s football an equal platform in coverage on a public broadcaster. News is only news if it affects the majority of people!

(06-14-2019, 12:13 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 12:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

It was an example to illustrate that anyone should be able to comment. 

To continue with that example for a moment, who's more qualified to comment on women's football, women or footballers?

Women footballers?
That wasn't one of the options
Is there anything more cringe-worthy than a male feminist?
(06-14-2019, 12:16 PM)The Real PK Wrote: Is there anything more cringe-worthy than a male feminist?

I asked one. He said they aren't cringeworthy, and his opinion is more important than anyone else's on this subject, so I guess the answer is yes
Philistines. Wink [Image: D8o53qJXkAAPx20.jpg]