Enzo's First Adventure
This is my first post here. I usually write historical articles about Leicester City and I come, of course, in peace. 

With Saturday's game approaching I wanted to share this with you - written last summer shortly after Enzo Maresca was appointed Leicester manager, looking back at his time at West Brom in the 1990s. I'd love to get some comments from Albion fans, especially if you were at some of the games mentioned. A lot of research went in to it, but if you find any factual or contextual howlers, please point them out. 

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/132234...nt-6977066
Welcome new poster.
I assume you're a regular lurker.
Are you local or from the land of the rising sun.
One correction I can make myself. That Hughes hat-trick in November 1998 was against Palace, not Preston.
Welcome Kushiro.

I'm sure our FACT and historical forum members will have a look though when they have a spare moment.

"Peace" can be a strong word round 'ere pal, especially if proceeded with the word "Jeremy".

Is that ratface, sorry Jamie Vardy fit for Saturday?
A good article, well put together. I remember Enzo as a treasure among a team full of donkeys + Lee Hughes. Brian Little! Football managers are supposed to be motivators, Brian looked like he was having a nervous breakdown on the touchline, up there with Ron Saunders that other Vile cnut as our worst manager of all time.
(04-17-2024, 07:42 AM)garryowensneck Wrote: A good article, well put together. I remember Enzo as a treasure among a team full of donkeys + Lee Hughes. Brian Little! Football managers are supposed to be motivators, Brian looked like he was having a nervous breakdown on the touchline, up there with Ron Saunders that other Vile cnut as our worst manager of all time.

I understand Brian did indeed have a nervous breakdown whilst at the Albion.
(04-17-2024, 07:43 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-17-2024, 07:42 AM)garryowensneck Wrote: A good article, well put together. I remember Enzo as a treasure among a team full of donkeys + Lee Hughes. Brian Little! Football managers are supposed to be motivators, Brian looked like he was having a nervous breakdown on the touchline, up there with Ron Saunders that other Vile cnut as our worst manager of all time.

I understand Brian did indeed have a nervous breakdown whilst at the Albion.
I never knew but recall televised games where the camera panned to him and he just looked completely bewildered.
(04-17-2024, 04:23 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Welcome new poster.
I assume you're a regular lurker.
Are you local or from the land of the rising sun.

I live in the land of the rising sun, yes (Kushiro is a city in Hokkaido). Originally from Leicester.
Better send Beijing Baggie over the verify... Wink

Nice article BTW.
In the form of his life.
So, Kushiro, you've been keeping your powder dry since 20th June 2023 (when you were first alerted to this illustrious dump).