Your biggest concern for the Playoffs?
(05-05-2019, 04:50 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-05-2019, 03:41 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Been exactly the same all season though.
Only burst into life when we go behind it seems.
Keep expecting some real big dominating performances from the so called talent this squad but rarely get it.
Still hoping they will be collectively up for it in the big upcoming games - we have the players but do we have the organisation, cohesion or real disire ???

Organisation - yes at full strength.  3-5-2.  

Cohesion - the 3-5-2 has been fairly cohesive.  Shan has said he knows his best team.  I suspect he'll go for experience with Brunt, Livermore and Johansen in CM.      

Real desire??  The players must realise that if we don't go up, this squad one way or another,  will be decimated.  So there should be desire but Dawson for one has stunk the place out this season.     

The truth is we just don't know what team is going to turn up next Saturday.

You're assuming we'll go 3-5-2. Today, and at times lately, we've set up 3-4-3, which I think is ridiculous. If you play three at the back you really need the extra man in midfield.
A total lack of passion and care for the club.
I see it in some players (not many). I also see a passion for their own careers in some and I would take that as they will want to win.
What I mainly see is players going through the motions, have a similar self interest to politicians and who have little respect for us or the club in the knowledge that they will get a 'job' somewhere else and not give one fucking jot as they disappear on their holidays.
If we do get out of this division via the play offs it won't be because they were playing for the club. It will be because it was one of those days when 'they played well'.
I hate the journeyman mercenary nature of footballers nowadays.
For the last two months we’ve looked exactly what we are, a team not going up and not dropping out of the playoffs.

Time to fuck off the negativity. It’s a flip of a coin and we are in with as much of a chance as anyone. Today was about us not taking our chances when we were the better team and being punished. Take them and we can beat anyone.
We have a side with the majority being retiring, leaving, loans, looking to move.
Retiring - Mears / Hoolahan / Mozza / Brunt / Barry / Myhill (6)
Loans - Holgate / Tosin / Montero / Murphy / Gayle / Johansen (6)
For Sale - Dawson / Hegazi / Gibbs / Harper / Phillips / JRod (6)
With a possible 18 players not being a part of us if we win or lose it make little or no difference to them.
Motivating them to bust a gut / die for the cause is almost impossible, sadly this is what happens when you build a team with a squad built with temporary players.
Depends who turns up and wants to be counted?
(05-05-2019, 06:56 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: We have a side with the majority being retiring, leaving, loans, looking to move.
Retiring - Mears / Hoolahan / Mozza / Brunt / Barry / Myhill (6)
Loans - Holgate / Tosin / Montero / Murphy / Gayle /  Johansen (6)
For Sale - Dawson / Hegazi / Gibbs / Harper / Phillips / JRod (6)
With a possible 18 players not being a part of us if we win or lose it make little or no difference to them.
Motivating them to bust a gut / die for the cause is almost impossible, sadly this is what happens when you build a team with a squad  built with temporary players.

Villa's numbers aren't all that much different.
I really can’t call this. Villa have done well of late but are no world beaters. We have no way of knowing whatsoever how we’ll set the team up and think most of us are slightly pessimistic based on knowing we are capable of stuffing them or being stuffed.
No one knows our best 11 or best formation yet we have been top six all season.
To the media we go into this totally under the radar.
The negativity of our fans.

In these games we need everyone behind the team, not the inevitable sulking everytime a pass goes astray.
(05-05-2019, 09:25 PM)Sliced Wrote: The negativity of our fans.

In these games we need everyone behind the team, not the inevitable sulking everytime a pass goes astray.
I think we’re all hoping but it has been a strange season. Going into this humble is best. If we rattle them at Villa Park the pressure will get to them.
(05-05-2019, 09:25 PM)Sliced Wrote: The negativity of our fans.

Totally disgusted at our so called fans they are having great delight of putting the knife in at every chance and saying I told you so .all the other fans are delighted and upbeat ours are like we have been relegated .......Just fuck off with their negative thoughts keep away we dont need it .