Summer Transfer Window Thread
Dumbo Wrote:Last night showed we’re really lacking in depth.

For me, our first 11 is arguably the best in the division. However, our lack of depth may even cost us a play off place.

For me, we need…

Winger - MP is out for months and I think I’m finally at my wits end with Grady, we need a starter on the other side to Jed
Striker - loan from PL maybe
Full back - ideally a versatile one the can cover right and left
Agree with much of this. A first choice winger as a replacement for MP is needed. We've see how good Matty is under decent management and we are going to miss him. We need a replacement long term so may as well look to the future.
A full back because I genuinely think we could do with competition for places. CT is a decent pro but being an automatic choice doesn't help. I'm not sure about a striker. We are blessed with Dike and BTA and most clubs would be over the moon with those two. Should either not be available I really believe we should look to the Academy to give us the odd sub. I can't see an established, competent Championship striker with the right attitude arriving at the right money who will settle for a place on the bench.
Ingram linked with QPR

Surprised he’s not featured under CC (not even in FA Cup)
Wouldn't surprise if a couple leave with nothing coming in.
(01-23-2023, 03:58 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Wouldn't surprise if a couple leave with nothing coming in.

Absolutely no chance WBA don’t sign anyone.
(01-23-2023, 04:12 PM)Jimmy_Moz Wrote:
(01-23-2023, 03:58 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote: Wouldn't surprise if a couple leave with nothing coming in.

Absolutely no chance WBA don’t sign anyone.

Depends whether Makaton can play left back Shirley?
Mbaye Diagne
(01-26-2023, 08:55 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Mbaye Diagne

Basket case ...
(01-26-2023, 08:55 AM)Dumbo Wrote: Mbaye Diagne

Go get him Ron… he’s an injury prone 30 something so fits our criteria now!
Tumbleweed AOTS
Very quiet window across the board in terms of the Championship. Can't think of any major signings by the main contenders or have I missed something?

If it's business as usual from here, with squads staying mainly the same, on in I wouldn't be disappointed as we are a team in the ascendency.

I have no doubt we will bring at least a couple in on loan though.