FFP Points deductions
(04-23-2019, 03:07 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: All interesting stuff but why is this not anywhere in the mainstream media.

They don't care?
(04-23-2019, 03:07 PM)Only one real Albion Wrote: All interesting stuff but why is this not anywhere in the mainstream media.

It has been a bit, but must admit I do think that is why I have doubts about it suddenly going from very quiet to so severe.

Has been some articles about the Boro chairmans role in trying to ensure it is enforced.
Brexit 
Only it’s AVexit  Big Grin
(04-23-2019, 03:06 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:06 PM)Peachy Wrote: The hope I'm clinging to is they have to be seen to do something to stop teams gambling on getting promoted. Villa are the most brazen example yet. I remember watching Xia at Wembley in those glorious minutes after defeat last season and it's all the commentators could talk about. How they'd gambled everything to get back up. Yet here we are again a year later, admittedly with different owners, but doing the exact same thing.

Putting my hatred aside for one moment, whoever the side is, it's just plain and simply fucking wrong. They are laughing in the face of everyone else and need a fucking slap. If the EFL really do mean business and want to set an example there can be no more high profile, better time to do it imo.

If they hit Villa with a minimum 12 point deduction and an embargo on the eve of the play offs it would set a very strong precedent.

So we get a bye into the final?   Big Grin

No the table would just shift to whoever has the next most points. Be it Brizzle, Mboro or Derby etc.

I don't care as long as they get what's coming!
(04-23-2019, 02:56 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:11 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I'd like to know where you get your information from, and why you're so confident in what can and can't happen, Pragmatist?

It's certainly not a crticism, I'm generally interested to know. It's always interesting to read your posts on this subject.

Sure.  All the relevant regulations are on the EFL website.  You need to read the FFP/Profit & Sustainability regulations in conjunctions with the section dealing with Disciplinary/Sanctions. I’ll post links tonight.  Unhelpfully, the pages are not numbered!

I know a Championship club chairman quite well (not one of the top half of the table!) and that’s how I know it’s on the agenda this week.

Without breaking any confidences, how does he think it will go, Prag?? Is there a determination to sort this out??

They're still sobering up from the Villa promotion party yesterday.  

Just imagine if they were chucked out the play-offs - it would be stupendous.
(04-23-2019, 01:06 PM)Peachy Wrote: The hope I'm clinging to is they have to be seen to do something to stop teams gambling on getting promoted. Villa are the most brazen example yet. I remember watching Xia at Wembley in those glorious minutes after defeat last season and it's all the commentators could talk about. How they'd gambled everything to get back up. Yet here we are again a year later, admittedly with different owners, but doing the exact same thing.

Putting my hatred aside for one moment, whoever the side is, it's just plain and simply fucking wrong. They are laughing in the face of everyone else and need a fucking slap. If the EFL really do mean business and want to set an example there can be no more high profile, better time to do it imo.

If they hit Villa with a minimum 12 point deduction and an embargo on the eve of the play offs it would set a very strong precedent.
Agree entirely but as we all know it ain't going to happen those jammy fuggers will escape sanctions or it will be extremely punitive as to be meaning less as I'm sure Purslow will have called in a few favours from his time at the EFL, there can be other reason for their total disregard of the rules, only hope Gibson and the other chairman give the EFL dogs abuse and threaten legal action if this happens.
(04-23-2019, 04:25 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 02:56 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 01:11 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: I'd like to know where you get your information from, and why you're so confident in what can and can't happen, Pragmatist?

It's certainly not a crticism, I'm generally interested to know. It's always interesting to read your posts on this subject.

Sure.  All the relevant regulations are on the EFL website.  You need to read the FFP/Profit & Sustainability regulations in conjunctions with the section dealing with Disciplinary/Sanctions. I’ll post links tonight.  Unhelpfully, the pages are not numbered!

I know a Championship club chairman quite well (not one of the top half of the table!) and that’s how I know it’s on the agenda this week.

Without breaking any confidences, how does he think it will go, Prag?? Is there a determination to sort this out??

Unfortunately he doesn’t share confidential or sensitive information with me (and I’d probably be worried if he did).  I asked him a straight question whether it was on the agenda and he confirmed that it was - I didn’t ask further and I don’t think he’d have answered me in detail if I had.
I hope they do have the collective nerve to enforce the rules that they voted to introduce.

Telegraph