Bravado hotting up for Villa in the play-offs
(04-17-2019, 12:35 AM)Statto Wrote: The only reason we are above them now is due to J-Rod’s cheating.

That’s not mathematically true
(04-17-2019, 12:35 AM)Statto Wrote: The only reason we are above them now is due to J-Rod’s cheating.

1 less point for us, two more for them puts us on 72 and them on 71. I think it's time to retire your username  Tongue

He didn't know anything about either contact with the hand, the first was hit at him at point blank by their keeper and the second he fell on the ball without even knowing where the ball was.

By the letter of the law for this season (they've changed it for next season) it wasn't a handball.
Was going to start a thread about this the other day – but never got around to it.

First cricket game of the season last weekend, and our week-keeper was absolutely full of it. He’s the type that doesn’t even allow you to talk about football without screaming at you for being Obsessed with Villa. Spent 10 minutes telling how they were on amazing form, we’d be no match for them and neither would whoever they played in the final.

At teas I was sat down and overheard 3 of the lads from the opposition talking to who I assume was their Dad and they were openly talking about how sh*t Johnstone was (I’m not going to offer an opinion either way on that – but is ironic seeing as how he was the best thing sinced sliced bread 12 months ago...) and how fat and overrated Livermore is. Then when the conversation loudly moved onto how sh*t we were and how they would hammer us – I had to interject and remind them of the results this season and the league table.

The Villa fan I sit next at work has been annoying the hell out of me as well. The worst thing is that he’s a decent guy, and his opinions on anything non-villa related are pretty fair and rational. Yet as soon as the subject of Villa comes into conversation he becomes a Deluded arrogant fish eating seal. He’s full of how they’ll finish above us and beat us etc.

I don’t know why – but I tend to find Dingles easier to get on with. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Wolves in any way shape or form but they just aren’t as insufferable. Even now they are doing well and giving it the big-un. I reserve a special contempt for anything to do with Aston Villa.
I'm already getting fired up for it. Second leg under lights at The Hawthorns. Let's have it.
When we kick them out the playoffs nothing will stop me laughing at the kids and grown adults crying. I'd fucking love it if it's a Rodriguez hand ball that finishes it off too.
(04-17-2019, 02:19 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I'm already getting fired up for it. Second leg under lights at The Hawthorns. Let's have it.

Two play off games could potentially rekindle a very hostile rivalry
(04-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Albion Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:19 PM)HeathAyIt Wrote: I'm already getting fired up for it. Second leg under lights at The Hawthorns. Let's have it.

I think the rivalry is there, it's just the Arrogant Wankers don't like to admit it. It's far easier for them to discuss us as bitter, irrelevant and or obsessed.

When I was growing up, the Villa fans I knew barely had us on their radar. In the past 8/9 years I've genuinely noticed this change.
(04-17-2019, 02:43 PM)Winst_Baggie Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Albion Wrote:

I think the rivalry is there, it's just the Arrogant Wankers don't like to admit it. It's far easier for them to discuss us as bitter, irrelevant and or obsessed.

When I was growing up, the Villa fans I knew barely had us on their radar. In the past 8/9 years I've genuinely noticed this change.

The Albion-Villa comes down to three things, 1) age, 2) where you live and 3) whether they are humble enough to regard us as a relatively big team
its 5.15 at villa park it will be carnage it will make the semi final like a tea party