Carlos Carvalhal
WTF ∆∆

(10-21-2022, 02:39 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: He ain't coming !

Was he ever really anyway?
Alex Crook Talksport has tweeted he was never even interviewed
We can’t have a modern football department and then get upset if a manager can’t bring in all his own coaches.
(10-21-2022, 04:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We can’t have a modern football department and then get upset if a manager can’t bring in all his own players.

It's a load of bollocks what has been said on twitter that doode bloke knows as much as the bloke who sells the scratching outside the hawthorns.

All to do with family matters .
(10-21-2022, 03:37 PM)Huggybear Wrote: It say’s more about Gourlay and the lack of knowledge of football ,if he is even on the shortlist.Behind the scene at the club must be shambolic and it goes and spreads all the  way through the club.Gourlay has far too much control and where is the director of football that we are crying out for?

Out of interest, why do you say this?
(10-21-2022, 03:51 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: Even though he's not coming, I'm not sure why so many people have a downer on him. Here's his recent record:

2015-16: Sheff Wed - finished 6th but lost in play-off final
2016-17: Sheff Wed - finished 4th but lost in play-offs
2017-18: Swansea - took over from Clement mid-season, beat Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive games but relegated in the end
2019-20: Rio Ave - achieved club's highest ever league position and qualified for Europa League
2020-21: Braga - finished 4th, qualified for Europa League, won Spanish equivalent of FA Cup and got to League Cup final
2021-22: Braga - reached quarter-finals of Europa League, finished 4th in the league and qualified for Europa League again

If people regard the above as not being good enough, then I fear they're going to be sorely disappointed by whoever we do appoint!

How did he win the Spanish Cup with a Portuguese team? Maybe he could get us into Europe through the Welsh league Big Grin
(10-21-2022, 05:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-21-2022, 03:51 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote: Even though he's not coming, I'm not sure why so many people have a downer on him. Here's his recent record:

2015-16: Sheff Wed - finished 6th but lost in play-off final
2016-17: Sheff Wed - finished 4th but lost in play-offs
2017-18: Swansea - took over from Clement mid-season, beat Liverpool and Arsenal in consecutive games but relegated in the end
2019-20: Rio Ave - achieved club's highest ever league position and qualified for Europa League
2020-21: Braga - finished 4th, qualified for Europa League, won Spanish equivalent of FA Cup and got to League Cup final
2021-22: Braga - reached quarter-finals of Europa League, finished 4th in the league and qualified for Europa League again

If people regard the above as not being good enough, then I fear they're going to be sorely disappointed by whoever we do appoint!

How did he win the Spanish Cup with a Portuguese team? Maybe he could get us into Europe through the Welsh league Big Grin

Blush

(10-21-2022, 04:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: We can’t have a modern football department and then get upset if a manager can’t bring in all his own coaches.

Do you think that managers typically don't bring in their own choice of coaches these days then? To my mind, continuity comes more in the club-preferred playing style, method of working and player recruitment than it does in the coaching personnel.
7 pages and he hasn’t even been interviewed.
I told you I’ll be back
What club coaches do we have?

Beale apparently doesn't want the job.

Brunt's still doing his badges I believe, also does he want to move to the senior team?

That leaves Walsh and Mozza.

Any new manager would need to bring in their own coaches, we don't have any.
(10-21-2022, 05:16 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: 7 pages and he hasn’t even been interviewed.

How do you know he hasn't ?