Football thing
Now the funeral is done - - - - 

Is Conor Townsend really only 5 foot 6 tall? That's what Wiki and Transfermarkt say, but they aren't reliable witnesses at all. Pulis would be having nightmares with CT at centre-back.
Surely not?

Pretty sure it would have been noticed and commented on by now.
I've met him, and he didn't seem much smaller than me and i'm 6ft exactly.
Ask Spandau, he checks the heights around here. Apparently he’s quite tall.
滚开赖
Mental that he's older than the great Jed. He looks like he could be CT's dad.
(09-19-2022, 06:35 PM)CA Baggie Wrote: Ask Spandau, he checks the heights around here. Apparently he’s quite tall.

To be fair I hadn’t checked Conor Townsend but he certainly doesn’t look short. On that subject can’t say I ever thought Ben Foster was 6 4.
That can't be right. Considering that most players these days are close to, if not, taller than 6ft, he would be noticeably smaller than everyone else on the pitch is he was only 5ft 6 in.

Alan Wright (ex Villa) is 5ft 4 in according to Wikipedia and he was far smaller than opposing players he came up against.
Some players look small on the pitch possibly due to their stance, always thought Mickey Mellon was about 5ft 6 until I met him on Halfords Lane one day and he was bigger than 6ft me.
(09-19-2022, 08:17 PM)garryowensneck Wrote: Some players look small on the pitch possibly due to their stance, always thought Mickey Mellon was about 5ft 6 until I met him on Halfords Lane one day and he was bigger than 6ft me.

On that note Andy Hunt was always given 6ft. He was certainly 6 2- I met him a few times. John Wile was certainly an inch or so above his billed 6 1 also.
Pesch is 5’7” on wiki.  No way is CT smaller than Pesch.
I told you I’ll be back