Hannibal Mejbri
Man Utd AM.... us, bloose & boro after him on loan according to SSN.
Good signing for Boro.
How many attacking midfielders do we need?

Bring back the days when every player linked to us was also linked to West Ham. Oh, how we have fallen.
I told you I’ll be back
Has anyone actually watched him play? He's basically James McClean but with big hair
Plays a lot of positions, highly rated at United, can’t see an issue with this.

Wilder will de flop him well.
(07-23-2022, 03:29 PM)Sliced Wrote: Has anyone actually watched him play? He's basically James McClean but with big hair

Watched him play at youth team level a few years back. He was very good and very far removed from comparisons to Mr. McClean. Must have turned shit in a big way quite quickly.
(07-23-2022, 03:29 PM)Sliced Wrote: Has anyone actually watched him play? He's basically James McClean but with big hair

Absolute nonsense.

Yes I have, a talented player who needs game time. He does get stuck in too, but that's about as close to McClean comparison I can think of. 

Not sure we actually need him though.
(07-23-2022, 04:14 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote:

Watched him play at youth team level a few years back. He was very good and very far removed from comparisons to Mr. McClean. Must have turned shit in a big way quite quickly.

He's 19 so he's definitely got a lot of promise but the perception seems to be that he's a skillful, creative player with bags of tricks up his sleeve whereas he's actually a work horse that won't really create much but will never stop running and will put in a lot of nasty challenges.
Only thing I can recall about him was him kicking a few Scousers into the air and getting rapturous applause from United fans last time they were humped by Liverpool.
(07-23-2022, 04:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

Absolute nonsense.

Yes I have, a talented player who needs game time. He does get stuck in too, but that's about as close to McClean comparison I can think of. 

Not sure we actually need him though.

He's a work horse. His passing is better than McClean and he's also younger, but if you've seen him play then you'll know that putting in a lot of effort and trying to make things uncomfortable for the opposition off the ball is as much of his game as anything he tries to do when on the ball. For Tunisia he's played 16 times and has 0 goals and 1 assist.

In terms of style of play, the comparison is completely valid at this point in his career. I'm sure he'll develop as most 19 year old footballers do.