Add a player - that changed everything
I know some of you don't like to talk about him, but Lee Hughes was the most exciting thing to hit the Baggies in years.
https://theathletic.com/1995491/2020/08/...on-legacy/
Pereira had a great couple of seasons and we doubled our money.

Eric Cantona was an inspiration at M U
Jason Koumas
Kevin Phillips
Dugarry at blues was a great signing.

Andy Cole from Bristol to Newcastle
(07-13-2022, 09:28 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Dugarry at blues was a great signing.

Andy Cole from Bristol to Newcastle

Both very true. I saw Cole playing for Russell Osman's Bristol City away at Barnsley not long after he'd moved permanently from Arsenal. Movement was incredible, I couldn't believe he was plying his trade at that level.
Odemwingie was one of the signings that pushed us from yo-yo to being more established in the PL.
after a period of exile, when I just could not take the shyte being served up by Don Howe's team - the second worst manager ever,  I arrived  on the evening of a mid-week match and took a seat on the front row of the old Halfords Lane stand, near the half way line.

I was just in time to see Johnny Giles receive the ball to his feet, just a few yards away from me, with an opposition player on his back.

As it hit is boot,  the ball magically looped over his and the defender's head, and by the time it landed Giles was on his way towards the Smethwick end with the ball at his feet and the defender was left marking space.

So I nominate Giles.  

After that performance I was back.
Steve Bull & Robbie Dennison to Wolves...
(07-13-2022, 10:25 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Steve Bull & Robbie Dennison to Wolves...
Smile
How many players can legitimately claim to change the way the game is played?

Makélélé is the standout.

As good as the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, or any world class player you can name, are, can they claim to have changed the game? I'd argue emphatically no.
Clarnet v2.0