Colin Gibson....villa defender
Diagnosed with dementia. 

Remember meeting him as a kid in Sutton Coldfield,  nice guy.

Not something you'd wish on an enemy,  even villa.

Best wishes to him and his family in such a difficult time.
Very good player
Don't wish that on anyone.

Best wishes to him and family.
i am sorry to hear that i had a few drunken nights with him years ago in brum when he was playing for the reserves
and he is a good lad very down to earth kind of kid
brendon hornsby who he played with at the same time is also having the same disease unfortunately
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:Very good player

He really was. Sad to hear this.
Rivalries aside, this is sad news. I wish him well.
Yep nice guy. Used to do the local footie phone in.

That Villa side then I think many of us knew well. They really were our arch nemesis.
Saw him play a few times for Walsall in the 90's . Still a very good player then. Sad to hear.
(05-11-2022, 07:24 PM)leedsbaggie Wrote: Diagnosed with dementia. 

Remember meeting him as a kid in Sutton Coldfield,  nice guy.

Not something you'd wish on an enemy,  even villa.

Best wishes to him and his family in such a difficult time.

my niece's fella is very good friends with most of the team from that era, she mentioned to months ago about how ill he is. 
A group of them did a zoom call to wish him happy birthday, he was conversing away then when the call ended he asked his mrs who all those people were.  He also used to live around the corner from me when i was akid and i remember him joining in a game of football with a bunch of us.
Dementia is a terrible disease, personally i'd rather get a physical illness or something but at least have my mind.
My mother in law lived with it for years. It was awful. For the last decade of her life she may as well have been gone for the misery it was to her and all around her.