Boris Johnson
(04-14-2022, 05:09 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 10:14 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 06:35 PM)Loanee Wrote: Quite funny saying Corbyn would have been useless when you voted for Johnson

Johnson is useless.

Corbyn would have been dangerous.

CHECKS NOTES

Russian donors
Russians in the House of Lords
Bunga Bunga parties attended in Italy as foreign secretary in Italy with no security

OK

All of which are bad, but nonetheless, the government have supported Ukraine militarily and enacted sanctions against the Russian government.

Do you honestly think Corbyn, who blamed the Russian invasion on NATO aggression would have done the same?

That's why he's dangerous.

You’re still going to vote for him aren’t you?  Big Grin
(04-13-2022, 08:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: 1, Some have dismissed or played down Cummings Barnet Castle trip and the impact it had

2, I ask the question again what is better now than 10 no sorry 13 years ago?

You still haven’t answered the question; How can an event that was reported in May, influence the actions of large numbers of people in March and April?

Parents who lose a child will receive two weeks' paid bereavement leave.*
Neonatal pay for parents of premature babies.*
Living Wage up by an average of 5.8%. (4 times rate of inflation. Wages rose by 2.9% 2018/19)*
Everyone permanently injured in NI trouble will receive compensation / pensions for life.
Bringing forward the ban on ICE car sales. *
Benefits for terminally Ill doubled from 6 months to 12 months.*
£79 million to boost mental health support for children and young people.*
National Adoption Strategy: £48m to improve services in England
Hymen repair surgery and virginity testing to be banned in UK.
Botulinum Toxin and Cosmetic Fillers (Children) Act 2021
Children Act 1989 (Amendment) (Female Genital Mutilation) Act 2019
Domestic Abuse Act 2021*
More Afghan interpreters allowed to settle*
Funding to increase bus services and introduce all electric buses.
Tree planting has risen significantly since 2010.
Banning the sale of halogen and florescent light bulbs, cutting the U.K.s carbon emissions.*
Banning the sale of new Leasehold houses.
Statutory sick pay to start on day one during Civid19 virus (in event req.)
Abolishing of VAT on sanitary products.
Abolishing V.A.T. on books and academic journals.
Flood defence budget doubled
Pensions raised. Triple lock kept for this government period. (Remember the usual suspect on here saying it would be done away with)
Record investment in infrastructure.*
An extra £2.5 billion to fix potholes.
£1 billion to increase mobile coverage to 95% of the U.K.
Hong Kong residents allowed to come here and given 5 years to obtain right to remain. (What a thing for this racist government to do. *
Modern Slavery Act 2015*
Increase in post primary places in NI.
Taxis and private hire vehicles (safeguarding and road safety)*
Food safety law. "Natasha's Law" – requires full ingredient and allergen labelling on all food made on premises and pre-packed for direct sale.*
Spending on research and development doubled. (Remember some said it would collapse after we left the EU)*
£20 million given foe AI research.*
The UK is to launch a "high-risk" science agency to look for ground-breaking discoveries.*
Larger toilets for disabled compulsory from 2021*
Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018*
Law to make it illegal to buy crops grown on illegally felled rainforests.
An extra £40 million for U.K. environment.*
Farm subsidies to be taken off the largest and richest landowners and paid to encourage ‘greener’ measures such as more hedges, trees and wet lands.
The government is to create a second housing department headquarters in Wolverhampton - its first ministerial base outside London.
Bottom trawling banned for certain sites off U.K. shores.*
Right to repair.
New Building Safety Regulator and Building Safety Bill which includes.*
Increasing the period from 6 years to 15 years when a builder can be sued.
Welfare standards for dogs imported to the UK  tightened amid a rise in puppy smuggling. Plans include raising the minimum age for imported puppies from 15 weeks to 6 months and banning the importing of dogs with cropped ears or docked tails.
Ban on the import and export of shark fins and products containing them. 2021
Animal welfare (sentencing) Act 2022*
Ivory Act 2018
Insurance companies no longer able to give new customers better terms than returning customers.
Education careers guidance (extension of duty)*
Advanced Research and Invention Agency Act 2022*
Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021
Wild Animals in Circuses Act 2019
Animal Welfare (Service Animals) Act 2019
Stalking Protection Act 2019
Voyeurism (Offences) Act 2019
Prevention of Social Housing Fraud Act 2013
Small Charitable Donations Act 2012
Starting to undo ‘Beeching’ cuts to the railways.

Just answering your question (Again as you seem to have forgotten) It's not all the doom and gloom you constantly suggested it is.

* All thing you said would not be done or diminished after Brexit then again before the 2017 & 2019 elections if the Tories won!
Welcome back JOK, you’ve been surprisingly quiet lately
(04-14-2022, 07:48 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 05:09 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Loanee Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 10:14 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 06:35 PM)Loanee Wrote: Quite funny saying Corbyn would have been useless when you voted for Johnson

Johnson is useless.

Corbyn would have been dangerous.

CHECKS NOTES

Russian donors
Russians in the House of Lords
Bunga Bunga parties attended in Italy as foreign secretary in Italy with no security

OK

All of which are bad, but nonetheless, the government have supported Ukraine militarily and enacted sanctions against the Russian government.

Do you honestly think Corbyn, who blamed the Russian invasion on NATO aggression would have done the same?

That's why he's dangerous.

You’re still going to vote for him aren’t you?  Big Grin

I've never voted Conservative in my life either at local or general elections. Now try countering what I've actually said.
(04-14-2022, 06:58 PM)Baggybenny Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 02:10 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-14-2022, 01:41 PM)baggy1 Wrote: WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT?

For the purist like me, every fucking point. But as I've suggested on here before I suspect less than 5% of voters backed Leave on the principles I did.

I was as surprised as anyone else at the result of the Referendum.

What had you lumped on?

I didn't, but I expected a Leave vote in the mid to high 30%'s
(04-16-2022, 10:59 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

For the purist like me, every fucking point. But as I've suggested on here before I suspect less than 5% of voters backed Leave on the principles I did.

What had you lumped on?

I think a few thought like that, Proth.

In other news about BJ is devastated that he can't visit Russia any time soon.
Just listened to Broadcasting House. Peter Hennessy, a usually quite reserved chap and a constitutional historian, basically said that Johnson is damaging the constitutional integrity of his office and by extension the crown and country.

So that's where we're at.
(04-17-2022, 10:15 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Just listened to Broadcasting House. Peter Hennessy, a usually quite reserved chap and a constitutional historian, basically said that Johnson is damaging the constitutional integrity of his office and by extension the crown and country.

This has always been my point when I’ve questioned those who put him into power. This was inevitable and yet the concerns were dismissed as pious and naive. I wouldn’t put myself on a pedestal of virtue because I would be found wanting, however I’m not arrogant enough to think that my short comings aren’t important and that I should lead others, make laws they should obey and be the leader of a country. 

The current government is damaging politics and dragging us down.

(04-17-2022, 10:15 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Just listened to Broadcasting House. Peter Hennessy, a usually quite reserved chap and a constitutional historian, basically said that Johnson is damaging the constitutional integrity of his office and by extension the crown and country.

This has always been my point when I’ve questioned those who put him into power. This was inevitable and yet the concerns were dismissed as pious and naive. I wouldn’t put myself on a pedestal of virtue because I would be found wanting, however I’m not arrogant enough to think that my short comings aren’t important and that I should lead others, make laws they should obey and be the leader of a country. 

The current government is damaging politics and dragging us down.
(04-16-2022, 10:59 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

What had you lumped on?

Strangely when Cameron first put forward the referendum proposal, i assumed at the time that leave would be ahead in the polling, but that a good campaign could turn things round.

Seemed to me that there was a lot of euro scepticism amongst the general public at that time..2013,2014.

Once campaign actually started, always thought it would be a close run thing, was never optimistic of a remain victory.
Parliament vote for an enquiry into whether Johnson lied... sorry "misled" Parliament. The Tories removed the three line whip to prevent any back bench rebellion and it sailed through.

It won't be until after The Met have finished their investigation, though.